4 Kings and the Khao San Rd


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
November 19th 2005
Published: December 14th 2005
Edit Blog Post

After the ERDI course it was time only a few days after for a Rodders to go home on the 22nd so it was decided that we should head to Bangkok for a few days as some had not been yet and it was a excuse for a little bit of a party.

We headed to Bangkok by bus 6 of us in total anticipating a weekend of fun in Bangers....!!!

After arriving in Bangkok we caught a Taxi to the Khao san Road and I finally got to see what it was all about. It was great loads of travelling souls all in one place all looking very similar there are obvious groups there but the traveller sporting linen clothing and dreadlocks was the majority.

We found a place the Khao San Palace Hotel (Opposite Shamrocks) good place friendly staff and right in the middle of the action.

We started off in the bar oppsite our hotel under Shamrocks and played 4 Kings which I think may be known as Waterfall elsewhere but some hours later we staggered out and headed to Gullivers bar which which is a really nice bar with pool, free internet and some nice food staff are friendly and the drinks are not too expensive. After this we went to a Shell garage that has a VW Camper parked outside it which has been turned into a bar so we sat here for a while and enjoyed a few drinks.

After this we went to the Lava club which played lots of hip hop and up to date music this was a nice place and all of a sudden I found myself back in Gullivers......and bang on 1am all the music and drinking stops as the law in this area bans clubs opening later than this.

During the day I would like to say we went to many historic places but we did not......The most extreme thing we did was take a ride on a Tuk Tuk which was extremely fun and fast with our driver wheeling down the street.

Take the following night and repeat 3 times every night!!!!.




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.302s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0645s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb