Krabi


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Krabi
June 6th 2007
Published: June 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

6th June
Say goodbye to everyone and head off with Byron, Joe and Mike to Krabi. Spend all day travelling on the boat back to the mainland and then a bus all the way to the west coast. We get touted for a room when we arrive and get a lift into town and a room for 150 THB each (£2.40) which has a hot shower and a TV. Amazing value even for Thailand! Head out to watch the England vs. Estonia game and get to bed very late because of the time difference.

7th June
Get woken up at 1pm by Joe and Emilio, his friend from back home that happened to be in Krabi at the same time as us. We'd slept in because we were in the basement of the hotel and thought it was still dark and hadn't realised that our window was bricked up.

After lunch we decide to rent motorbikes, and they cost us just 150 THB each (£2.40) and refueling them cost about 90 THB. We head off to some really nice beaches and spend the day exploring (I'm not really sure of the names of where we went though, but it was really nice). Annoyingly I forgot my camera too! In the evening we find a small internet cafe/bar/restaurant/movie screening place (Shops here cram as much in as they can) that shows pirated DVDs every evening on request. In the evening we go into town to the local club, get back really late again!

8th June
Today we decide to go to Railay beach to go rock climbing and catch a boat out there. Get a days climbing for under £15 (including equipment) and have some fantastic climbs in stunning sorroundings. I manage to complete the 30m climb set for us and get into a cave mid way up the cliff face. After climbing we head over to another beach to cool off - stunning scenery sorrounds us.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0606s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb