Going down south


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Krabi
April 5th 2007
Published: April 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone

Last few days have been very busy. We had new people to the tour and some old ones left so we went out to khao sam road to a rubbish club for a bit after going to a bar (which at day is a petrol station!).

The next day we had breakfast then went to the train staion. We boarded a sleeper train ( I was right by the door so it was very noisy) and headed down south. We then got on the back of a truck (the next morning) which took us to a boat. This was a longtail boat thing which was fast with lots of water flying in your face and very noisy. We took this across the national park for an hour. The views were spectaucar. everywhere you looked you could see mountins rising up around covered in greenry and worn out rocks and caves. We finally got to our home for the next two nights - bamboo floating raft houses. These were amazing. The whole lake was hot like a bath so you could just wake up and jump in. we spent the rest of the day playing in the water and then got taken to a water cave but the water was too low to go too far in so we got to clime threw a hole and jump into the lake. there are no shallow bits to the lake, it goes down about 40 meters appently. That night I went on a night hike (only three of us went on it) through the jungle. It was really cool. I saw a MASSIVE blue furry trantual in its little burrow, and some big ant things and lodes of poisons frogs. The frogs have a habbit of hidding in the toitel huts at night so you have to be careful. The next day, I went on a 3 hour trek (only 2 of us on that one) up one of the mountins, where we saw millions of flying lizards and elephant poo and stuff. we had a mad scramble up to the last bit on the top, up very sharp spiky rocks. But when we got to the top it felt like you were on the top of the world. We were sitting on a rock which jagged out so nothing was under you. All you could see was mile and miles of lake and lush green mountins and all you could here were gibbon clans calling to each other. It was amazing. (though we were boiled at the top.)

Oh Before breakfast that morning, we all got up early and went in canoes and listerned and saw all the monekyes and gibbons waking up. They were really cool to watch, like on the tv, when you see them swingging in the treeses and it was realy nice that they were in there own habbitat. That night we played crazy games where you had to stand on one leg and touch a bottle with you mouth with your arms behind your back. We found a HUGE scorpian which they were waving in every ones faces. And some people got eaten by leaches hahaha. There was a rope swing. All the boys went on it. It was very high up. I was the only girl who was finnaly persuaded to go on it and when I did and let go I tryed to catch it again and fell screaming ' I DONT WANT TO LET GOOOO' then hit the water (looking like a dying spider) full on and it felt like I had been hit by a car. It was fun though. Spent the rest of the eve playing on inner tubes on the lake. Im finally getting a bit of coulour now to my skin 😊 we went to a fishing village which was more like a bamboo raft with a net it was almost interesting.

The next morning (after the yummy fish we ate last night) (I have become renounded for eating more than everyone in the group) we took the boat back to the harbour an hour away, where we were then driven to our next place to stay. these were the tree top houses. We were saying in tree houses. how cool is that. you have to clime up a very high ladder, so we couldnt take our big rucksacks up, for fear of falling off backwards and were lazy. It was really fun to have a shouwer as you are shouweing and dont have a window, so all you can see are trees high up. awesome. We went to a river and got given inner tubes, and had to innertube it all the way down stream which was fun (even if the water was low and dirty) there was one point where the fish were so many in the water that each time you put your hand in to paddle all you could feel were fish! We got given some cat food to fead them and it was like a bom had gone off each time you threw the food in as they were so gready! we then had a drive to a view point wehere we took some photos and then to a temple.

This temple was cool. You got out and wild monkeys ran up to you to invesigate. we fed them bananas and they were everywhere (rabies) there was also a goose who came up to me and nibbled my toe. But the monkeys were like the ones in the jungle book at the monkey temple! And the temple was run by a monk in a cave deep inside a mountin where if you followed the cave you eneded up in a famouse five style seacret cave pool. I saw a bat hanging from the cealing also. Back at the tree houses in the lobby bit we were all chilling ( and avoiding the giant spiader eating the cockroack in the toilet) when a ENOURMOS toad, the size of a small kitten appeared. I still cant get over how huge it was. There are lodes of animals here, like the crazy cats. There was one stuck up the ladder of one of the guys tree houses and he is scared of cats (how?) and it was miaowingl like it was possessed so I climed up and slung it over my shoulder and climbed down again. It purred when it was on my shoulder, but the second I put it down it started miawing again. I hope i dont get rabies! and at breakfast we saw a chip monk! crazy. We then drove all the way down to krabi, which is my final destiantion on the tour and where I am now. We just went out for a very expensive lunch humph, and I have come here as It is just too hot for the beach right now. My bites have multiplyed and im trying not to itch very hard. evil mosquitos. tomoorow I may be doing a tour and goign to the beach were the film 'the beach' was filmed and to the james bond Island where 'the man with the golden gun' was filmed. how cool! It is boiling here, hows england?

Anyway speak soon

love from Katharine xxxxxxxx

Advertisement



5th April 2007

England sucks
its keeps going from hot to cold
5th April 2007

love
I almost envy you right now although I don t regret staying in england. how are the people in your group? (any cute guys? ;) I loooooovvvvvveeee you. see you soon (or not so soon!) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 40; dbt: 0.08s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb