The Bananas, part 2


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Krabi
December 5th 2017
Published: December 5th 2017
Edit Blog Post

The next few days, I came to know our little group of travelers. There's Danute from Lithuania, Abby and James, from Nashville Tennessee, shimmy and devon, a couple travelling from Canada, Nayab and Iba from India, 2 separate guys from Germany, Jonas and... I didn't get his name :/, and another James, from England. Mostly together, we did the next couple of activities:

A snorkeling trip at the Hong Islands. I liked this one a lot more than the one in koh Lanta. Less boating, more snorkeling and beaching. There's also a couple of people living on the island, in caves. They're supplied by the mainland and make sure the birds nests here aren't disturbed until the end of the season. After that, they harvest them, to be sold on the Chinese market. Apparently, the saliva makes for a highly sought-after taste in Chinese cuisine,wjere they make 'birds-nest-soup'

In the evening, we took a long taxi ride together and visited the krabi night Market. Bought myself a new hanger for my necklacr. There was also a stage with some people singing or performing. I didn't really enjoy it though. It was good to get a last bite of street market food, but couldnt really find anything worth buying. Together with the rain, small size and lackluster performances, made me wish I did what I could have done, but didn't realize, somehow: explore more of the city, get a massage, walk the riverfront.. Well I did something of the latter..

Anyway, got back, really tired, but was still able to get out and see some hermit crabs and bioluminescent plankton :D. The latter is almost impossible to photograph, so just refer to the internet of that's new to you 😊

Last day at bananas was a motorcycle trip. Cause most people were pretty new to scootering, I took the lead and set the pace to 60km/h (normally 80) and got us to a few local landmarks. We didn't really do anything except for a cave: the national park was closed on account of the rain / overflowing rivers. The turquoise River was probably muddy, but closed just as we arrived and the price of the treetop tour was too expensive, even for western standards (12.50 per part (there's 4), which could be done in 10m)

We did have a good time though. And I felt quite relaxed about the whole thing. I was more concerned with keeping the group together and safe, than the fact that everything was soooo slow (it took 2 hours just to get away from bananas)

We did see a wild cobra crossing the road somewhere, which was kinda impressive (no photo though) and got a reclining Buddha for free 😊



Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 9; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0531s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb