Koh Tao .......simply paradise


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Tao
November 25th 2015
Published: December 2nd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Koh Tao a paradise island
After a gruelling 10 hour trip from Phi Phi ferries and coaches we arrive (as usual) in the dark to be greeted by Ali and Keisha. Sat in their balconies like meerkats awaiting our arrival. The plan was not to head out and have a beauty night but after the girls having some bad news it was 'a must' The island seemed less busy than Phi Phi and the scene not as cool, but we were tired so knew it would all be a little different in the morning. The beaches were smaller but the water beautiful, managed to make a new set of friends but mainly British and Australians. This place was where you should dive, snorkel and visit the view point at Koh Nang yuan. Deco a must see you can see all the islands from there. Very steep steps lead to rocks which you had to scramble to hit the peak (definitely a profile pic)We took about trip where we jumped from the top of the boat into the green sea and then snorkels and rhe reef and sealift was so impressive.Also managed to get hurt pretty badly on the rocks, as had to stop half way as run out of steam (not a great idea, but you live and learn)We got to swim with the black tip reef sharks (although don't see any personally)We went to mango bay where we stopped for a couple of hours and are lunch. One night we went to the Koh Tao bar crawl at coppers, which showed us the best places and also saw a lady boy show. Great way to meet people although we haven't struggled so far and manage to have a large group of friends now stretching all across the continent. It's hard to not be recognised when there's two of you (there has been a couple if occasions where that would have been necessary ? Spent 5 days here and on the last night stayed in as heading to Koh pang yang in the morning for the jungle pre party and full moon. Met some strange and wonderful people in here, but a different vibe from Phi phi (where my heart stil lies)


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0516s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb