The fun stuff!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Tao
March 14th 2006
Published: September 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well being on a extroadinarilly cheap tropical island and having a life of leisure, you can imagine i did't spend all my time working and diving. In fact some of the time very little! There were two main 'towns' on Koh Tao - it being such a small island - they were called Mae Haad, where i lived and Sairee which was more touristy although the whole island was relatively tourist orientated. It's how they made there money!

Sairee had lots of beach bars with cushions on the beach and cocktails! There was also a sheesha bar, loved that stuff! lol and Kinda clubby places. 7/11 was open all hours and was always useful for that desperatly needed water! we were supposed to drink 3L a day. I needed the loo the whole time i swear! Pranees was a favourite hang out for us lazy people with films on in the evening.
There were loads of bays around the island though, which i regret not going to more of! and shark bay where you could snorkel with black tip reef sharks....no really! Was a little bit scary especially when a load start circling you.....it's maybe time to go at that point.

I also went on a minor kayaking excursion, which ended in me in the back of a pharmacy having stiches! You know trying to sneak onto an island your supposed to pay on and then managing to gash your hand open on the island, which has no medical aids of any kind, then having to get the kayak onto a longtail boat and finding a pharmacy whilst holding your hand in the air with a mates towel, aint the best idea! wouldnt advice it. Oh and then kayaking back in the dark around rocks jutting out of the water.
Then we just kayaked to the dive bar and turned up. comedy moment.

The rest of the time there really is a blur so i think i'll just have to leave it to your imagination! Take a look at my photos too!




Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0728s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb