Islands, Sunburn and fried rice....


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Tao
March 8th 2012
Published: March 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

This morning charlie woke up with his sunburn hurting and itching a lot and couldn't move to much so today we unfortuneatly havent been able to do much and charlie has spent the day so far lieing face down on his bed covered in aftersun!

We arrived on the island late yesterday after noon and did a bit of haggling with the taxi driver to get us to the hostel (which charlie really enjoyed). In the end though we still ended up paying to much as the hostel turned out to be just round the corner from the ferry port (which we didn't know at the time). It is a nice hostel that we have got on koh Samui it has a small indoor swimming pool that I have just cleaned out before writing this(i just cant get away from my job!), so I'm going to go for a swim in a second. There is also a sauna but i think I'm sweating enough already!

After we arrived last night we went for walk down to the local town which by the map we had to go by could have been any distance so we saw a restaurant by the side of the road and went there and we all had fried rice and chicken. The food was good but we couldn't work out if we were surposed to call the person serving us a waiter or waitress!?

After the meal we headed on down the road and surprise surprise to main town was around the next corner so we wandered down the main street and stopped of at a local supermarket to get some icecreams, this mornings breakfast and some water. There were also some good restraunts down the street so if Charlie is feeling up to it we will head down there tonight to get something to eat. We then headed back to hostel stopping off to speak to an owner of a local suit shop as he tried to persuade us we definatley need one of his best tailor made shirts which we didn't quite agree with and at a tourist information where we found some leaflets on elephant treks which we will try and do tomorrow.

There should be some pictures up with this post. The peddlo ride was in lumphini park in Bangkok which I dont think we mentioned in other posts. And some of our other previous days activities like the snorkling/ jumping into the sea off the boat and train journey out of bangkok.

Hope you enjoyed reading

Matt

P.S if you are wondering why steph hasn't yet updated the blog it is because she is writing her own one. The web adress is www.stephintransit.blogspot.com have a read if you please.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



8th March 2012

SOOOO JEALOUS!!
These pictures look amazing!! And there appears to be water everywhere so I am sooooooooooooooo jealous. Looks like your having so much fun...Becca\'s gone now too so looks like I only have the sport to keep me company now, F1 starts tomorrow so excited about that and the swimmings been on all week WAHOO! (wow I'm sad). Anyway keep the pictures coming so I can pretend I\'m actually there with you guys as well :)
8th March 2012

You really in Thailand?
Hi guys... Charlie hope you are feeling better.... We did laugh cos it really looks like you are on a pedalo in southsea! But I guess you wouldn't get such bad sunburn there! Seriously though, tee shirt next time? Thanks matt for you great blogs , just the sort of info we want. Keep enjoying every minute of it, even the painful bits. Stay safe! Xxx
8th March 2012

Ships,sea and sealing-wax
What a great time,pity that Maggie B is not there for you. I went on board today and started the engine and ran her up for half an hour. I can always pretend!!! Hope you.get an elephant somewhere. I do hope Charlie improves rapidly. Thanks Steph for letting us read your blog and super pictures - very descriptive. God bless all. Love G&G
9th March 2012

Boating
What a great time,pity that Maggie B is not there for you. I went on board today and started the engine and ran her up for half an hour. I can always pretend!!! Hope you.get an elephant somewhere. I do hope Charlie improves rapidly. Thanks Steph for letting us read your blog and super pictures - very descriptive. God bless all. Love G&G
9th March 2012

heard of suncream?
what a beautiful place, sounds like youve taken my advice already and taken loads of different types of transport even if you didnt need to! lots of love xxx
10th March 2012

Sunburn shannanigans!!
Ow ?. Sounds painful Charlie Hope it goes soon so u can get back to the ice cream??. YEH
10th March 2012

Mmm
Mmm yes the icecream here is much more refreshing than in England! Thanks for reading joldeen.
10th March 2012

This all looks fantastic! We are so delighted you guys are having a good time - do hope Charlies sunburn is better now. Well done if you persuaded Steph into the water. Please keep the posts coming - and the photos. It means a lot to us!

Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0334s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb