Chilling out the Thai way!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Tao
June 24th 2006
Published: June 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Oh the disappointment!Oh the disappointment!Oh the disappointment!

Chiang Mai - the place to pick up a bar girl!
Ok, so I've been slated for my previous mega entry! For the benefit of those who are just too busy to read this: In Thailand; Done some diving; White Sand; Crystal Clear Water; Cheap Beer; Watching World Cup on massive screens on the beach!

For those who can be bothered!........

We've been in Thailand now for 3 weeks and time has flown by - probably because we're having an amazing time! We started off in Chaing Mai in the north where we spent a few days checking out the sights and doing some hard bargaining at the night bazaar. We also did a Thai cooking course, which was loads of fun. We got to walk around the market with a shopping basket, choose our ingredients and attempt to cook some traditional Thai food. We've got some hilarious photos of us which will follow soon!

From Chiang Mai we headed south to Bangkok. We hit the Ko San Road to find some bargains and took in the usual sights. The place was completely crazy and the air so polluted... needless to say we didn't last long! After a day we made a quick get-a-way to the island of Koh
Cooking on gas the Thai wayCooking on gas the Thai wayCooking on gas the Thai way

If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen!
Samui in the gulf of Thailand. It was just what we needed after Bangkok and Chaing Mai. We spent a few days relaxing on the beach, swimming and eating some great food! After that we jumped on the boat to the neighbouring island of Koh Pha Ngan. An island famous for it's full moon beach parties, where every full moon 5 - 10 thousand people flock to the island for a night of drunken debauchery! Unfortunately/luckily (which ever way you choose to look at it) we missed it! For the rest of the month night times are laid back affairs! You'd think that being on an island in the middle of the Gulf of Thailand we'd be missing the World Cup... but no! The islanders are football mad and wouldn't miss a game so we spend some evenings watching it projected on to huge screens on the beach!

From Koh Pha Ngan we jumped on another boat to the dive mad island of Koh Tao. We have spent the past couple of days completing our Advanced Padi Scuba Qualification - which bascially means we can deep dive (to 30m) and at night. We did our first night dive a couple of evenings ago and it was fantastic. We were a little apprehensive at first but forgot about it as soon as we started swimming around checking out the marine life you'd never see during the day. We're heading back to Koh Phan Ngan today for a couple more days then flying on to Singapore to meet up with Martin's friend, Aron - for the remainder of the World Cup. Come on En- ger- land!

Hope you are all well and keep in touch!











Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Tioman Island - MalaysiaTioman Island - Malaysia
Tioman Island - Malaysia

There are no cars on the island so the only way to get around is to walk!!!!


Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0493s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb