Mai Thai!!!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Tao
May 28th 2006
Published: May 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hello All,
So we have made it to the Islands on the East Coast of Thailand and life is awesome. It was not easy getting here and the journey was well worth the reward.
When we last checked in we were in Chiang Mai and heading North for a day in Chiang Dao. Chiang Dao was everything we expected and more. We hiked up 510 steps to see some awesome buddhas and the remains of a well known monk. Then we checked out a really cool cave complex that featured neat formations, buddhas and statuary from Burma and a whole lot of bats. The place we stayed was really neat and the food was awesome.
We returned to Chiang Mai ready to travel only to discover at the train station that all trains to Bangkok were cancelled due to flooding of teh tracks. We decided to delay our travels one day and get ourselves sorted. This gave us one more night of shpping and another opportunity for wicked foot massages!!!
The next afternoon we hopped on an overnight bus and made it into Bangkok. We stashed some of our loot with my extra bag in Bangkok and made our way to the train station. About 10 hours later we were in Chumphon where we spent the night before ferrying over to Koh Tao (turtle island). I can say with certainity that the train was not the highlight of our journey though it did feel like an authentic thai experience. You wouldn't believe how many different foods people walk up and down the train selling.
So now we are on Koh Tao and I am taking a PADI open water scuba diving certification course. I had my pool dives today and tomorrow we hit the ocean. Abby has been doing well enjoying tropical smoothies and beachside massage. Life is grand. We will be hanging out on one island or another until mid june when we head off to meet Abby's folks and Sherm and Diane in Bali. We should be back in the states by the beginning of July and we are really excited to catch up with everyone. So you may want to clear out your guestrooms and make space on your couches. Ha.Ha.Ha...why not?

Our love and happy thought,
Benji and Abby

Advertisement



28th May 2006

Last picture
The last picture you sent was fantastic I made a blowup and now Edie wants to frame it. All our love Papa and Edie
28th May 2006

Loved Bangkok
Try to vist the small green Buddha where trhey change clothes daily. We also Boated on a clong,Great shopping along the sides. Don't spend too much money. Have fun. Love Edie and Papa
1st June 2006

well, well, well
hey married folk- your return is the hot news on the streets these days - we're all so excited! but in the meantime, bow softly to the Buddhas over yonder in tie-land for me and, if you have time and a tie, dress up the Buddhas! you're always welcome at 556 guerrero street...
2nd June 2006

missing you...
STACY AND I ARE THINKING OF YOU AND WE ARE VERY ENVIOUS.. WE LOVE YOU AND MISS.. STAY WELL AND WE WILL SEE YOU SOON UNCLE HOWIE

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0539s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb