Oh my, its thai!...ha.ha.ha...why not?


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
May 21st 2006
Published: May 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hello folks,
Abby and I have made it to Thailand, and we are painting the town red...ha.ha.ha...why not?
We spent a brief two nights in Bangkok and did a little bit of sightseeing. Shannon Boustead was right, all the pretty women are men and all the creepy fat white men have little thai girls with them. Oh well, it takes all kinds, right?
Now we are in Chiang Mai in the north and we have been doing a lot of shopping and other stuff.
We spent one day at Thai Cooking school and we are anxious to try out our wok when we get home. The calss was a riot and we spent the whole day eating and cooking. If you are lucky we may try out one of our recipes on you!
We also just got back from a two day one night trek up into the hills north of Chiang Mai. The trek was really fun and our tour guide (his name was Moonshine) kept saying ha.ha.ha..why not? There were a total of eight people on the trek and the first day we drove for about two hours and then hiked mostly up hill in sweltering humid heat for three hours (it was really sweet though because the jungle is rad). At the end of our drudge we stayed in a "Bamboo Hotel" at a Lahu Hill Tribe village. You won't believe your eyes when you see the pictures. Abby and I went for a stroll around teh village where we met a little boy and after we gave him some candy he became our tour guide. After dinner we made a little camp fire on the porch of the "Bamboo Hotel" (defintely not OSHA approved) and had a great time playing games and singing songs with Moonshine and some local guys (Basey, Visal, and Jungle Boy).
This morning we hiked down hill for an hour and stopped at a beautiful waterfall. Eventually we made our way to an elephant camp where we went for an elephant ride. That was an experience for sure, they sure don't rig those elephants with a sports suspension if you know what I mean, ha.ha.ha...why not?
After the elephant we hopped in a white water raft and cruised downriver. Our river guide wasn't the best, but the rapids were very small and we had a blast. Then the icing on the cake or maybe the gum on the shoe was a short trip on a bamboo raft to our final destination. It may not be accurate to say a trip on a bamboo raft it was more like a trip in the river with the bamboo raft (we sat waist deep the whole way).
Well we made it through and now are back in Chiang Mai. Tomorrow we are headed north again to Chiang Dao, to explore a cave complex and spend a night away from teh city. Tuesday we head south by train to the islands.
We will keep you posted as we go. All our love and happy thoughts, remember to smile and look sexy.

Love,
Benji and Abby

Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0576s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb