Hua Hin, Ko Tao and Koh Samui


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Tao
February 15th 2011
Published: April 8th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Star fish!Star fish!Star fish!

Elephant all in ones coming to a high street near you soon!

Hua Hin, Ko Tao and Koh Samui



Hua Hin
So we finally made it to a seaside town and stopped moving for 2 and a half weeks! Bliss... Highlights of Hua Hin include: Banana milkshakes at the Hyatt Hotel, fish nibbling, curries at Bam Bam's, updating our movie/tv series watching, walking into town along the beach, having a swimming pool, cooking pork chops (sorry mum and dad for the death of your frying pan!), ping pong, Will swimming into the wall - let me set the scene... we were racing underwater without taking a breath and Will decided to do this with his eyes closed and managed to turn a complete right angle and hit the wall head first!

Ko Tao
We took a four hour bus journey to Chumpon and caught the Lomprayah catamaran on to Ko Tao. We headed to Ko Tao for Will to do a four day scuba diving course with Buddha View. We stayed at The Famous House to give Tory something to do - there was a mini-pool and dvd player! Although, it appeared our choice of hotel was also the dive instructors hang out and party until dawn venue. Earplugs worked a
10 attempts later he made it off the ground10 attempts later he made it off the ground10 attempts later he made it off the ground

Anyone has seen will play in defence knows this is as far as he gets off the ground
wonder! Will really enjoyed the course, had an ace teacher Jesper (a guy who came after university and ended up staying 15 years), and met some great people. The first day was spent in the classroom and the pool, second day was a mini 5 meter dive in a cove - great fun and Will's ears didn't explode, always a bonus! The third and fourth day were spent at some amazing dive sites. The last dive even included two whale sharks - "It was incredible to swim with them and they were bloody huge close up!".

On our last evening the Japanese earthquake and subsequent tsunami struck so we spent a couple of hours glued to the tv watching the devastation.

Guilty pleasure: porridge with cinnamon and granola (even made it with soy - woo!).

Koh Samui
We decided to head to Koh Samui as it was on the way to Surat Thani. Unfortunately, the journey was not as smooth as arriving and Tory spent 40 minutes of the hour journey throwing up off the back while clinging on for her life. Will stayed inside to "look after the bags". Finally arriving, if a little wobbly, we made it to our hotel and found two deck chairs on the beach. We spent a few nights in Chaweng Noi, meeting up with Sonia and Michelle from Kansas for dinner and drinks one night, before moving on to Bang Por beach which was much more secluded. The accommodation (Panalee) was fab, with a pool and a empty beach with two beautiful dogs who paraded each evening. Our sleep was interrupted by cockroaches on the first evening - Will felt it first running over his face, then Tory was woken by something in her hair which Will said was only a moth. It wasn't till it went for Tory's head a second time that she realised it was a cockroach at which point Will ran to the opposite end of the room and Tory promptly killed it with a book. We extended our stay for 8 nights, most of which was spent in pouring rain or clouds (not expecting sympathy)!



Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

Tory pretending to have fish nibbling her feet Tory pretending to have fish nibbling her feet
Tory pretending to have fish nibbling her feet

Under the water Tory was chasing the fish away with her feet
Brazilian BBQBrazilian BBQ
Brazilian BBQ

All you can eat meat!!!!!!!!!!
Lamai Beach Lamai Beach
Lamai Beach

Will, Tory, Sonia and Michelle


Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0288s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb