Weather To Match My Mood!!!!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Tao
February 13th 2006
Published: February 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

So we ended up staying the night due to the bad weather!!!

We were going to sleep either at Cokes or on a shelf(!) in Louisa and Timmy's bungalow but we ended up renting our old room again for the night!!!!!! Don't know why we left it so late to come up with this idea as we had been crashing showers off everyone all day and using the public toilets- not nice!!!!! When we went into the room it was very wierd as the extra bed had gone (Paul and Sarahs) and it had been cleaned!!! Wa Hoo no sand in the beds!!!!

It was sad to say goodbye to the little friends we had made at Simple Life but also exciting as we were off to a new island on the South West coast of Thailand- a new little adventure was about to begin!!!!!

So this morning we were up early to fit in brekie of course and to have a long journey ahead of us................................................................................... The weather still wasn't great but we really couldn't leave it any longer- although I would have loved to!

Timmy and Louisa had decided to come with us too................. We taxied to the port and waited for our boat to arrive- just then the heavens opened!!!!!!!!!! The people coming off it weren't looking to well! When we eventually set off the boat was rocking sooooooooooooooooo much!!! Vix really didnt like it- she was on edge the whole way- I just stuck my ipod in to try and disguise the noises and the fact that the boat felt like it was on its side!!! We were on that boat for a hour and a half, having to swap at Koh Phangan.........again the heavens opened whilst waiting to board so we then ended up on the boat absolutely soaking wet!!! The bags were strapped on deck on the outside of the boat!!!!!!!!! So no access to dry clothes or towels as mine was at the very bottom!! Good in some way though as at least it would be kept dry by the other bags!!! We were on the next boat for well over 2 hours, via Samui but the crossing was alot more friendlier! And they played a film- although I have never seen anything so pathetic- Al you will know it probably and I can see Leon being a fan- Something Gigalo Juss Gigalo??!!?? Anyway a load of rubbish!

We arrived in Surat Thani and waited for our bus............. Sarah and Paul had given us a little tip- to get the seats at the front uptop as there is plenty of leg room, making it easier to sleep too- the plan was for me to pop the bags in the hold whilst Vix raced to grab the seats and............................ bingo all went to plan. We were then on the coach for 3 hours to Krabi....... the difference between the mainland and the islands is incredible, I don't like the mainland!! The coach journey was fine and very comfortable really- good advice guys!

We found a nice hotel in Krabi, as our ferry to Koh Lanta wasn't until the morning- cheap too and get this........ a WARM shower- the first since Singapore!!!! I couldn't get outta there!!!!!

We went for a mooch at the night market but it was finished by the time we arrived..then went for an Italian, I was so tired from the hectic day travelling we had had, and also feeling gutted bout having to leave Koh Tao so wanted to sleep as think I would feel better in the morning.................................

Krabi didn't seem to have anything exciting to offer, think really its just a stop off kinda place........ Timmy and Louisa were going to stay another night there though xxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 72; dbt: 0.0994s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb