Teaching and Conservation


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Tao
July 8th 2008
Published: July 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The teaching is fun,,can be really hard though. Today i taught year 6 and they were great but year one were hyped up after dinner and there was a mass fascination because they had seen some blood on the floor outside, random i know lol, it just disturbed the whooole lesson..

Some people are saying im a natural teacher, strage...ha.Theres only one thai teacher who speaks english and she said 'very good teacher kim', aww i felt so proud, everyone says i'm really strict, guess u have to be as there seems to be no discipline at really..not like us where we have the naughty corner, they just go out for water whenever and some classes are left without a teacher some hours...its sometimes scout day and before you know it your surrounded by little fires..so generally they are all pretty hyped up...going to put some pics of my year one class on now...they are so funny.

Teaching them how to swim again on saturday, 8 til 10...organising a party on the island too for the conservation project, the preserve paradise party so my marketing skills are coming into use out here. Henry is really getting into it all, we are all goin to wear green and raise as much as money as we can for the conservation project and the school. BBQ, booze, green shots...what more can you ask for...

Going north of the island tomorrow, theres nothing there but one beach, its going to take us 2 and half hours to get there, up and around mountains basically, harder than the reservoir trip and i didnt think i could make that! Should be good though, soon its going to be made into another holiday resort...and no longer a secluded bay.




Additional photos below
Photos: 57, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.994s; Tpl: 0.051s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.7712s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb