Thailand Islands - Koh Tao


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Tao
June 1st 2008
Published: June 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

So we arrived in koh Tao and walked the beach with our rucksacks until we eventually found ourselves a place to stay, a nice set of bungalows just a quick hop from the beach front. And this is where we spent the following couple of days, toasting ourselves nicely! and of course sampling the nightlife which was very good! After a few days myself and jacinta started the PADI Open Water Diving Course. This was quick tricky, breathing underwater is the bizarrest thing!, but very enjoyable as when we did our dives in the sea we got to see amazing fish! We even saw a nemo family with the cutest little babies!! oh and did you know that Tuna fish are actually really pretty, silvery white.....quite impressive.....more than the can anyway! Its like a different world down there and once you get comforable its amazing. Once we finished the diving course we decided to stay around a few more days and see the island, Melissa was sick of the island so she headed off with a group of people she'd met while we were diving, and so we parted ways. Me and jacinta met up with the gang from Cheltenham and Thomas from Norway (our cambodian fellow traveller) and chilled for a few days. We got a taxi boat around the island one day which was brilliant, we saw some really beautiful beaches, really secluded places only reached by boat or really steep roads. We also did some snorkling as part of this trip and saw some good fish, not as good as diving but pretty impressive all the same, actually at one stop when we were snorkling the boat driver threw some bread in the water and millions of fish came up to eat it and we were all in the water surrounded by them which was kinda freaky, a bit scary but cool! Another night we went to a LadyBoy Caberet which was quite weird but funny! A lot of it was weird but we laughed along anyway and towards the end it got better. We had a big gang with us and by the end they had dragged me and two of the irish lads with us up on stage, so we went behind stage and got dressed up in some ladyboy outfits and ended up out on stage dancing with them! Ive plenty of photos so i'll never forget despite wanting too!! So after all that excitement the gang of us decided we'd seen enough of Koh Tao and hopped on a boat to Koh Samui.....


Additional photos below
Photos: 46, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.155s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0883s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb