Some may say Paradise!!!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Tao
April 1st 2008
Published: April 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

blimey i've got some serious catching up to do on this thing. i headed to koh tao from samui with jon, c.k, rosie and nat the guys from bangkok. what can i say about koh tao other than l planned to spend a 3 nights tops there but stayed a week!! i arrived 23rd and moved on on 30th. its such a beautiful small, underdeveloped island. when we first arrived it seemed everyone had the same plan after full moon which was cool as there was quite a cool vibe about. after the first couple of nights we stayed in a beach bungalow right on the beach, which was so cool. the beach was awesome surrounded by big green mountains and lined with palm trees and lots of hot Scandinavian women everywhere. eerrr some may say paradise!!

To be fair i didnt do much whilst i was there, i think the most strenuous thing i did was kayak for an hour. the diving there's really gd and its so cheap, like 30 quid for 2 dives. i hadn't planned on doing any diving when i was in thailand but when it was 30 quid for 2, i was like hell yeah!!! though it didnt quite go to plan, when i woke the morning of the dives i had a facking blocked nose!!! fookin typical!! so i let that pass for a couple of days and booked in again. by this time nat had done a couple of dives and said how cool they were, so was proper stoked to do a couple. then i woke the morning i'd rebooked leggin it for the toilet to spew my guts up!! i ended up spending the day lying about feeling shit and spewing, though i could think of worse places to be stuck with dodgey belly!! i felt like the most cursed diver or someone was trying to tell me something. basiscally i didnt get to dive but to be fair lying about on the beach, pissing about with jon and c.k and spending night partying could be worse!!!! the bars on tao were quality, everyone would start by drinking on the beach chillin out then head down to some of the bars once the beach bars close. fooking awesome.

there was one pretty random event, whist jon was being a pussy with one of his hangovers he gets after drinkin more than 2 beers, me and c.k headed out for a few beers. for some reason everywhere seemed really quite, so we went and checked out the bar that was always busy right on the beach. when we got there it was shut, standing there scratching heads thinking wot the fooks going on we noticed a sign saying closed for the festival. we'd heard a bit about it but didnt think it was anything much. we decided to trek down the beach to check it out. when we got there it was huge. set up in a clearing at the end of the beach, it seemed the whole of tao was there , tourists and locals. there were two stages, one with asian bands playing sublime and bob marley. don't think i'll ever listen to "wrong way" in the same way again!!!! the other stage was random as, there were a load of old thai ladies sat along one side and during every song people would go up and dance. we didnt work out what was going on but it was pretty random. the whole night turned out random but was proper gd.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0422s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb