Snorkelling in Ko Tao and Nagyuan


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Tao
February 23rd 2008
Published: March 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

On the boatOn the boatOn the boat

The sunglasses are staying on!
Oh Noooooooooooooooooo!

After 1 hours sleep, we threw on our bikini's and waited for our collection, all looking very attractive with our sunglasses stuck to our faces!

The coach ended up being an hour later, which was annoying as we could have had extra sleep, but we managed to arrive at the pier just in time to grab a piece of toast from the free breakfast bar before boarding our Speedboat to Ko Tao.

As Diane was diving, she had to go and have some gear fitted before boarding the boat, which she said spent the entire 15 mins holding her breath as to not breath her alcohol fumes on the instructor (not not meant to drink any alcohol at least 8 hours before diving - whoops!).

The ride over to Ko Tao was a bit bumpy (not the best when I'm trying to put my contact lenses in whilst in the boat toilet) but certainly woke us up!

When we arrived at Mango Bay it was beautiful, clear crystal waters and white sand. Diane went off to dive, as Rebecca had never snorkelled before I helped show her how to fit her mask and then
Ko TaoKo TaoKo Tao

The coastline anyway!
we went to get in the sea.

The tide was quite strong and as Rebecca is not a strong swimmer this scared her slightly, so she got out by the rocks (cutting her feet in the process) and went to sunbathe instead.

I did a bit of snorkelling but there didn't seem to be that much fish and the cora wasn't that good either - am getting fussy now!

Diane came back from her dive (looking a bit green) and although she enjoyed it, again said it wasn't the best she'd seen.

The boat then took us for lunch on Ko Tao (whilst I was starving, Di and Becky managed a spoonful of rice!) then we got back onto the boat and headed to a tiny Island called Ko Nag yuan.

As it is a Government owned island, you have to pay a tax to enter and your not allowed to bring any plastic bottles on the island (which I thought was really good to stop the pollution).

However this place is amazing, the nicest island so far!

Whilst I went snorkelling Rebecca chilled on the beach. The place here is called Japenese Garden and the fish and coral is beautiful.
Diane went diving just outside this and she said that it was one of the best as well. She also advised us (when we got back to the boat) that she had been sick aswell - can't take her anywhere!

We headed back to the mainland and got back to our guesthouse at about 5pm.

We decided to treat ourselves to a Pizzahut (always a good hangover cure) but were gutted when the large pizza's they gave us where tiny!!! However we were determined to make it last so ate half and saved the rest for breakfast tomorrow.

As we were knackered we had a quiet night in, Di was asleep by 8pm but me being a rebel managed to stay awake until 9.15pm - result!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0741s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb