The Real Full Moon


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
February 24th 2008
Published: March 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Woke this morning to it absolutley throwing it down with rain outside - nice when your going to a beach party that night!

Decided to use the time usefully and went to blog, however only left the room at 1pm due to faffing.

retruned to our room at 7pm to get ready for our collection at 8pm. Rebecca and Dominic had booked to go on an earlier boat but their coach still hadn't arrived when we went to reception so they blagged their way onto ours instead!
The 2 german guys (Damien and Hiko) had wimped out of it due the rain so it was just us 4 - and about 10000 other revellers!

We were taken to a port, given a necktag for the return speedboat and then taken over to Ko Phanghan - it only took 20 mins!

When we got there we discovered we had to pay 100 baht to get in, although we think this was a blag for selling wristbands but they were cool so we didn't mind.

On the way to the beach we walked through all the winding streets, it's a shame we didn't get to stay here as it looks wicked. On the way there was also lots of stalls selling buckets, we thought that the alcohol would be expensive but the 'Welcome To Thailand' (cheap Thai samsong whisky, coke and redbull) were only 180 baht - 3 quid!

When we got to the beach it was rammed full of people - was amazing! The music consisted of all the bars blasting music out in front of them, but somehow it was like walking from a different club to club as all of them had different music, hardhouse, techno, raggae - everything!

There were also fire dancers and a big skipping rope of fire that anyone could do - we saw quite a few people get burned by trying to jump in whilst drunk out of their minds- so funny!

Dominic wanted to try a 'mushroom shake' so we headed to Mushroom Mountain, a bar at the end of the beach famous for these.

We ended up satying here most of the night as the music was awesome, such a good night, don't think I've danced so much in a long time!

Just after 4am we all started to feel knackered so made our way back to the pier for the 5am boat.

It was really good we got these tags as there were loads of people trying to get boats back over, however as soon as the boat staff saw our tags they rushed us straight through - felt like VIPs!

We got back to our room at 6am and as my feet were filthy I went to wash them with the toilet shower. However as I grabbed it the handle came off and water sprayed EVERYWHERE! I was soaked! Di thought it was funny at first until she tried to fix it and got soaked aswell!

We're convinced the monk that blessed us on the day trip cursed us instead as everything has been going wrong since then (full moon cancelled, small pizza's, rain and now this!) so i took my band off in disgust (although have still kept it as a souvenir - couldn't help it!).

After just managing to get the spray down to a drizzle from the broken hose, we headed for bed.

Being collected in 6 hours for our 16 hour Journey over to Phuket and have to pack yet!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



14th March 2008

advice
HI THERE!!!I WAS LOOKING AROUND FOR SOME FORUMS ON KO PHANANG AND I BUMPED INTO YOURS! I NEED SOME ADVICE: I WILL HAVE A CHANCE TO COME THERE ON THE 29TH OF MAY AND STAY TO THE 8TH. I KNOW THERE ARE NO FULL MOON, HALF MOON OR BLACK MOON PARTIES ADVERTISED FOR THAT WEEK, SO I WAS WONDERING IF KNOW HOW THE NIGHTLIFE IS NORMALLY, WHEN THERE ARE NO MAJOR PARTIES. STILL WORTH CHECKING OUT? THANKS A LOT!! THANX A LOT... SENA SENAGALAZZI@YAHOO.IT
17th March 2008

Reply to advice
Hey there! Am probably not the best person to be able to tell you as we didn't actually stay on the Island and only visited from ko Samui. However from what I saw and from talking to other people who have stayed there, it sounds like the night life is still pretty bouncng no matter what day of the week it is! So if I were you I would diffinatley take the opportunity and go there, it's a chance for a new experience!

Tot: 0.173s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.1519s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb