Day 261 - And relax


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Tao
March 20th 2007
Published: March 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The boat docked at 7am and we got off to be met by people trying to sell accommodation. Luckily we’d booked ours the night before in that Italian restaurant so just had to find a taxi to our home for the next 4 nights, Ban’s Diving Resort. We had breakfast and realised we’d picked a great place because the food (homemade muesli and porridge) was absolutely delicious. And when we saw our room, with double bed, balcony and most important of all air-con, we knew we were in for an excellent break from the stresses and strains of travelling.

The rest of the day was exactly as we’d intended, and we did very little indeed except read and entertain ourselves with the pool, the beach and the ocean. We did find time to sign up to a couple of scuba dives, but were soon back on the beach recharging our weary batteries.

Ed ate half a kilo of dried apricots for some reason which seemed to upset things a little. But that was easily calmed down by a delicious Thai Green Chicken Curry, while Gemma went for some cashew curry thing that she vowed to have each day we are here. The food in Thailand so far has been amazing, and we have pencilled in some cooking lessons for later in our trip when we’re up in northern Thailand. Once it got dark we could enjoy the efforts of the bars along the beach that put out seating and lanterns and all sorts to create quite a magical setting. We had a few Chang beers - we thought we should since Gemma’s Dad and brother are Everton fans - and to round things off we bought a bottle of red wine and drank it on our balcony whilst plotting our futures.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0221s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb