Our Own Little Slice of Paradise


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Tao
November 2nd 2006
Published: November 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Rockin' on up to Ko Tao early one morning we were feeling abit dazed after the overnight bus/boat trip and were keen for a nap. Wandering our way along the beach we saw a nice little bungalow, only a few steps from the water. Trying to find the little old lady who it belonged to was a wee bit of a challenge but once that was accomplished it was all plain sailing.

For the next few days we had our very own slice of paradise on Ko Tao. Each morning we would awake to the sounds of the surf, take a morning dip before breakfast and then spend our days lazing in the shade, reading and napping, taking the odd dip when the urge took us. The beach itself was shining white sand, the water clear, the headlands palm covered and rocky. It was beautiful.

We did venture out of Paradise for a day where we travelled to various spots around the island to admire the beauty, both above land and below. The snorkeling was amazing and we at once understood why people learn to scuba dive! The amount of fish we saw was mindblowing: they swam all around us and of so many different shapes and colours it was crazy. My favourites were the rainbow fish which seemed to change colour as they swam (like those boy racers with the metallic paint), and some crazy ones with long noses that darted about just under the surface. It was fantastic.

Not content with the sea we landed at Ko Nang Yuan, a group of three tiny islands joined by thin strips of perfect white sand, just off the coast of Ko Tao. The place was stunning, but achingly hot, and so we took to the trees, clambering through the jungle to the top of the island for magnificent views. It's the type of place that makes you want to banish everyone and string up your hammock.

But that was not to be, and so we returned to our own little paradise before it was time to move on......

Advertisement



Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0751s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb