Didn't find Nemo!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
August 29th 2006
Published: August 29th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Thailand!!!!!!!!!!

Well second to last country and last country in Asia!!

Our first city here was Bangkok and immediatly tried to get our tickets sorted for home (ps. Oct 19th 10:30pm at Toronto International....and by 11:30pm Tim Hortons...and by lunch the next day at Swiss Chalet...I don't need to do laundry, I just need a quater white dinner!)
Okay I have to stop talking about that it's killing me here.
We stayed in Bangkok for 2 days and did some shopping...had some street food, took a tuk tuk around the city for a bit. Next day we went to a floating market but I think it was a scam because there were more tourists than locals and it was for us and nothing like the postcard! After that we went to a culture show and elephant show....also a little bit of a bust and not as thrilling as the brochure looks.....but that's okay!
Got a night bus down to the islands but ended up being a night bus and a day bus and another day ferry ride and we got there 24 hours after we left! You'd think we'd be used to it by now. Our first island visit was to Ko Phi Phi, on the south west side of Thailand and finally got our turqouis clear water with white sand! This place was also a victom to the tsunami. The one side that the boat docks into was really well finished and looked like new but the other side that got hit the hardest is still under construction and missing ALOT of trees. So maybe two years ago from our same hotel you didn't have a view of the beach...but now you do! (kind of gave me the chills to see some of the before and after pictures around town and of places where you were standing!) The tide went out a kilometer in the afternoon and there was no where to swim....we were quite confused and just wanted to swim after all those buses so we snuck into another hotel and swam for a couple of hours!
Spent the next couple of days relaxing and swimming and eating good food and shopping and everything we had been waiting to do for a long time. The movie "The Beach" was filmed near here but we were too lazy to go see it and pretty sure it wouldn't look like the movie. Saw a little bit of Thai Boxing as well in a bar which is quite a painful and brutal sport!
Then we head off to the other side of Thailand to the east to an island called Ko Samui. Spent the past couple of days relaxing some more (getting too used to being lazy) Swimming, eating, shopping...sleeping! Oh and hitting up 7-11 for a few ice-coffee's as well! We went for a day trip today to a cluster of small islands in the Ang Thong National Marine Park for some kyaking and snorkeling (hence the title!) Went to see a lagoon and more swimming....and buffee lunch and then for an elephant ride but it was more sad than enjoyable. Didn't really like the whole atmosphere and looked a little cruel to us 😞 And here I am now....shamfully went to McDonalds for some fries and a sundae....sometimes you just need a taste from home. I'm getting a little curried out these days!
SO not a very exciting update and I wish I had a funny story or something to spice this up a little but nothing comes to mind! Sorry guys...life on the beach isn't all that suspensful!
Can everyone beleive it's almost Spetember! Yikes!
I have until the 18th here in Thailand and then off to visit a friend from university in Sydney and my sister (and Dustin!) 2 weeks later in Melbourne!! So excited!!
2 weeks after that I have a date with a man named Tim and a little Chalet named Swiss!




Advertisement



Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0579s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb