Night Train & Koh Samui :-)


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
March 4th 2012
Published: March 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Hello!!! We are now in Koh Samui it took a taxi, a night train, a bus, a boat and another bus in total 20 hours to get here. Very tiring but totally worth it!! Koh samui is such a lovely island and completely different to Bangkok it is very chilled out and relaxed plus the beach is amazing!! The night train was brilliant it was so comfortable and felt really safe although I didnt manage to get too much slep as it was a bumpy ride haha!! Michael did manage to get a good nights sleep though. When we first got to our hostel we got into the room and they didn't have air con even though it was advertised as having it. We had booked two nights there but there was no way we could handle it far too hot so we only stayed one night and the lady was really nice about it and didn't charge us any extra. So we moved to another hostel/hotel which is really nice but slightly more expensive but most importantly it aircon!!! Friday night we went to a beach party at a place called Ark Bar it was so much fun they had fire dancers. Me and Michael had way too many buckets of Thai rum and coke they are called Sangsom buckets LEATHAL!!!! And Michael lost his Iphone :-( we both felt very hungover yesterday. We also made friends with some Japanese people I really can not remember their names but we were dancing with them for ages haha.
Today we went on a trip around the island we went to some temples, another Big Buddha, to see a real mummified monk (very strange) , a monkey show which was really sad because they didn't seem like they treated them very well :-(. We also went to see the Grandmother and Grandfather rocks haha google it or look at my pictures on Facebook, they are rocks that look like male and female genitals. We also went to a waterfall which was really pretty.
Really sorry about the lack of photos on here it is really difficult to put them up because I am only using my phone as soon as I get on a computer I will try to. They are all on Facebook if you want to take a look
It is our last night in Koh Samui and tomorrow we are going to Koh Phangan for the full moon party!!! So excited :-) Love Michael & Katie xxxxxxxxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.191s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.1555s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb