The High Life after Bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
December 7th 2011
Published: December 7th 2011
Edit Blog Post

When we arrived at our resort, I was over the moon...nice little bungalow on the beach...looked lovely, from the outside and in the dark...so we dumped our bags and went out for dinner as predictably i was STARVING! We asked the hotel manager where was good to eat and he recommended there was a nice fish restaurant just 300m down the road so we followed his advice and it lead us to a corregated iron shed on the corner of a main road! interesting experience to say the least...made even more special by the random dogs coming in to greet you off the street and the monsoon rain which soon followed, soaking us on the way home...it was still 30 odd degrees so i didnt mind so much. When we returned to our delightful little bungalow on the beach we realised all wasn't as it seemed...it was small, grubby and smelly (as described by Sam, me, being from a uni house thought it was fine - pretty good in fact).

To make matters worse the rain continued the whole of the next day but that didn't stop us having a walk along the beach in our PJ's and returning like drowned rats...mainly because Sam wanted to get out of the bungalow and i was in search of food.

To cheer Sam up, we went in search of some other hotels/hostels and decided we would look for a proper bit of luxury and take advantage of the cheap prices. We had a wonder along the beach and found a delightful 5* hotel all for the bargain price of 10 pound a night! This is how we imagined Thailand to be!

To complete the evening we found a nice little strip with bars/restaurants and markets all along it, whereas what we had before was one restaurant/shed on the corner of a main road, and Sam wanting to experience proper Thai cuisine spotted an "Irish Pub" with a special of the day being the traditional, well know Thai dish of "Lasagne". I took a risk still and had a thai curry - not put off after my mouth burning experience in Bangkok.

The following day was a pretty lazy day...the sun was back and we spent most of the day on the beach, were i underestimated the heat and now look like a patchwork lobster. That night we went and
Traditional Irish NamesTraditional Irish NamesTraditional Irish Names

Mum - Note the third one down
had a look at the market and to the delight of my geordie counterparts reading this i bought a newcastle shirt for the costly price of 4 pound....ripped off for a shirt like that if you ask me.

We've added a few pictures...naturally Sam isn't in any of them...

Back to the sun we go, there is a nice cold beer waiting at the bar with my name on it...enjoy the rest of your nights sleep and have a good day at work in the cold ;-)xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0638s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb