19 05 2010


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
May 22nd 2010
Published: May 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

19 05 2010


We woke up to more bad news in Bangkok. However here in Samui all is peace and tranquillity. No problems here and they are in need of tourists.
The sun shone brightly and we went for more exploring on our little Honda.
We went up to Lamai and had a stroll along the beach then scooted off and found a shopping mall called SuperC which was lovely esp. as it was air conditioned. This is very important as it gets very hot here. We sat and had a coffee and listened to a wannabe Robbie Williams who was singing his heart out in Thai but to be quite honest sounded like a strangled cat! After having a little spend up in a trendy boutique and Wendy buying a few silk tops we took to the road again.

It is amazing what people carry on their scooters and in the back of their trucks we took a picture of a bloke hanging out the back of a lorry on the load which itself was hanging out. There appears to be no rules here but it is great as it works for Thailand.
We were also impressed with a buffalo being taken to new grazing in a pick up; we didn’t want to get too close in case it had a fright. We have now learnt the Thai way of road management basically anything goes and you go with the flow although sometimes that is difficult as you can get someone driving up in the left hand lane heading towards you for no apparent reason.

We got back to the hotel, had a relaxing swim and took in some rays. In the evening we went to a local fish restaurant where we were the only customers. The views over the water were great and we had a seat next to the sea. WE did have to move in under shelter as a storm blew in but then it blew over. The meal was lovely fresh sea food Wendy had prawns and I had the local dish Silver Pomfret which was a very tasty dish. The side salad unfortunately was made the Thai way with hidden deadly chillies in which after a couple of mouthfuls made a job as a fire eater appealing. Once recovered and replete we set off again on the Honda Click back home in the dark a new experience for us.

Amazingly we had no incidents on the way back just a few bumps over pot holes and nearly running into a buffalo being taken home in the dark .

Phil and Wendy.

XX



Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0577s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb