15 05 2010


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
May 17th 2010
Published: May 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

15 05 2010


Today was another hot day. We slept well as the air con had done its job well overnight.

After breakfast we went up to the room and disturbed the 2 cleaners, ours is such a large room it needs 2 people to do it properly.

In order not to disturb the worker we went on to the balcony see the sights and have a read.

It was only when we came to return to the room we realised the cleaners had locked the sliding doors and we were trapped on the balcony, on the top floor, the exclusive floor.

It was hilarious; we had to shout for help to attract attention. Luckily the man coming out of reception and realised our plight. The news spread quickly and even Meaow came to have a look at the 2 British stuck outside. Ever6body could see the funny side and we all enjoyed a good laugh.

After a while we decided it would be a good idea to hire a bike to see the island. The hotel had 3 Honda Clicks which were 110 cc water cooled twist and go scooter. I was a bit dubious about the poor little bike propelling Wendy and I along but having seen Thai people move everything round on bikes we went for it.

Wendy climbed on the rear seat, her exhaust scar from Chang Mai still visible and off we went. The exit from the hotel is a steep climb so I had to open the throttle and give it some welly. I was pleasantly surprised at how responsive and versatile this little bike was. It hauled us up and along no problem. After we had got used to it we were often bombing along at 70 kph and even overtaking slower riders. You can get petrol around the island from roadside sellers who sell it by the bottle.

We pottered around the minor roads along the south of the island and saw water buffalo and found riding the little bike an enjoyable way of staying cool.

We did wear helmets for the people at home who worry about us but there is no insurance so steady as she goes was the best approach. We did stop for the arms length photos as it was impossible to get a decent shot whilst riding along.

Back to the hotel for evening meal. We did a home made curry. It was crap as the rice I bought that I thought you micro waved I found out it was supposed to be boiled. Thankfully a decent bottle of wine and another DVD helped smooth things along.

How embarrassing, coming to Thailand and ruining the rice.

C, est la vie as they say in England.


PS Lots of love to Tom and Emily. Looking forward to seeing you both soon.

Also thanks to Joyce and Fiona for the comments, it makes doing the blogs all worthwhile. I have never typed as much and will probably be looking for a job as a typist on my return!


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



17th May 2010

laughing so much it hurts
Having just read the blog entry of you two on a little motorbike, and getting locked outside on the balcony I have tears rolling down my face, only you two could do that, seriously looks like you are having a wonderful time. Continue to take care, especially coming back through bangkok. lots of love Pete and Mandy xx still giggling loudly

Tot: 0.153s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.076s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb