14 05 2010


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
May 15th 2010
Published: May 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

14 05 2010

Our full first day in Shasa hotels. The breakfast is very good and set us up. We then caught the complimentary mini bus to Tesco/Lotus about 30 minutes up the main road to do a bit of shopping and get in some essential supplies (Bombay sapphire) and even some food.

Lovely looking round a foreign Tesco, nice and cool and with so many different foods that we don’t get back home.

Prices here are cheaper than at home. I did notice one of the alarmed products was baby milk formula.

We caught a taxi back to the hotel, a Toyota Innova which I have not seen at home. The Thai lady taxi driver had a call to make and I was on the point of offering to change gear for her when the call ended. No doubt though that a little motorbike is the way to get around as everybody has one.

Back at the hotel we spent the time exploring the different pools. I had caught a bit too much sun at Phuket so was covered up and had even got a bandana to protect my head.
The spa pool was brilliant, you could lie down on these beds and press a button and have a free massage. There were also pipe which literally blasted water at you which were great fun. It was hot enough all you really wanted to do was splash around in the cool water.

In the evening we tried our hand at cooking in the kitchen, shame the steak we had bought was as tough as you like but we survived and watched a DVD called surrogate with Bruce Willis in which passed the time.



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0524s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb