Ko Samui


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
March 5th 2006
Published: March 5th 2006
Edit Blog Post

we went to a travel place to get information about catching a train down south to the beach's. the lady there was very nice and spoke pretty good english which made me happy. she showed us some pictures of the train and it looked pretty nice so we decided to buy the tickets, needless to say the train looked nothing like the pictures. it was discusting, it was an over night train so it had beds on it and you were supposed to sleep, oh and bed time was 8 pm sharp. and we didnt want to spend the extra 3 dolllars and to get airconditioning so i woke up drentched in myown sweat. i would say the worst part of the train was being woken up by jolts and jerks ( it felt like another train was ramming us from behind) anyways we made it to the beaches and are staying on ko samui island at big buddah beach hehe. the bugalow we are staying at has normal toilets, not holes in the ground!!! i am enjoying the food they have here although i did puke once. today was also our first tanning day and i must say i have a pretty good one already. my overly bushy eye brows were "annoying" marie so she spent about an hour today pluking them for me. what would i do without her. well thats all for now.

Advertisement



5th March 2006

trains
Hi Emily, so sorry I forgot to tell you about the toilets. If you go by train again one side has holes, the other side so called American toilets. Pictures are fantastic. you're using sunscreen right?! Your friends look like a nice bunch! You look good!
7th March 2006

Oops...
Oh yeah I guess I forgot to tell you not to trust any of the travel agents on Khao San Road.... OOPS! Public transportation is usually the best. Good luck with the rest of your trip! Add some pics! Raylene

Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 39; dbt: 0.0762s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb