On our Way again


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
September 4th 2009
Published: September 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

It's been a while since we wrote, so thought we should drop you all a line. Internet access has been a wee bit dicy on the island. We have been in Ko Samui for 6 days of wonderful sunshine and food. The island is spectacular and was made even more so by the addition of a scooter which Kristy skillfully manouvered through these crazy lefthand streets. She was a pro. Those bike lessons came in helpful. Our first couple of nights were spent at the Shambala bungalows which were somewhat rustic.....those are kind words. The resort itself is wonderful. The kind of laidback place that you would search for a retreat. Run by a couple of hippy divers from Australia that stayed behind years ago. It has a wonderful and peaceful feeling with a beautiful desserted beach. Could be heaven if it wasn't for the mosquitos and hole under the wall in the bathroom (which was wet always due to leaky faucets). We vacated and headed to Aloha Resort which is beautiful and in a more active part of town. This is where the bike came in. Having the bike allowed us to tour the island from top to bottom, and at times this was done inadvertently. It's easy to take a left at albourquerque when you meant right at the mummified monk. We actually did go see the mummified monk and Wat, pretty cool. Yesterday we drove out to the Sumui Aquariam and Tiger show, it was fab. Crazy ass birds though. Wow. A monkey got Kristy's purse through the bars, (yes you get that close), was amusing for sure. We are heading to Cambodia today, will be a long trip. The train was booked full, so we are on the ferry then bus for the next 15 hours or so with a connector flight at 7:40 am into PP, Cambodia. I have finally been able to add some photos seems to be tricky to do so. Kristy was happy last night as we stumbled on a Mikky Dee's where she could induldge in some tastes of home. I had soup. The language barrier here is no issue as it seems a hidden talent Kristy posseses is charades. She was able to let them know we needed a blow dryer by selecting strands of my hair and blowing on them....they laughed, but totally got it. All talents are truly appreciated on this trip. Hope everyone is well there, take care and we will take again soon.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.162s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0442s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb