Buddhas & Bras Please!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
February 3rd 2009
Published: February 14th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We had plans for awhile to get on our Temple clothes, head out early and tour the islands' Wats. We had to take my mom to the airport early, so we figured this would be a great day to wear our only long pants and short-sleeved shirts and beat the crowds. There is about 20 Wats on Samui, so we picked a few and started off before the real heat of the day forced us to flee to the ocean. It was beautiful! Cool ocean breezes, amazing architecture, and simply pure peace and quite before the rest of the island had woken, we had made offerings half way around the island.

We had seen just a few tourists at one Wat...2 guys wearing shorts, but they did take their shoes off at least. When we were just finishing up our last visit of the day...it's about 10:30 am at this point and we were headed back to our car after the Pagoda when my attention was yanked out of serenity by that snorting-cackle-laugh slash coughing fit cause you're a smoker sound followed by plenty of expletives in German. Yes, I'm callin' these people out, all 6 of them! My first jarring image after the sound effects is 3 old, fat, bald men in very short shorts drinking beer hanging out in the bed of a truck, laughin', cussin', lookin' disgusting...all outside of the church! Closely behind them is the 3 women they are clearly related to...I'm assuming by marriage but with their obvious social skills they could also be from the same mother. These greasy haired, tattered women with so many brown teeth in their mouth I was sure they had gargled with poo this morning and with the only defining female characteristic was the fact they chose to wear see-through shirts without bras that were not long enough to not be wearing pants...which they were not, they were wearing their swimsuit bottoms, I think...ahhhh you scorched my eyes with a full view of your saggy boobs in your quazzi cover-up! Now when the sign outside the temple stated "Please wear respectful clothes"... this was not just for the monks people, it is also for the rest of us that have to look at you!


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

Plai LeamPlai Leam
Plai Leam

out in the water
Wat SumretWat Sumret
Wat Sumret

white marble Buddha


Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0292s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb