The Mini Holiday! Koh Samui


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
October 19th 2008
Published: October 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Koh Samui baby!!!!! Four day holiday in the middle of hectic travel.
As sailed into the port the heavans opened!!!!! but it soon cleared up as we arrived at our resort.
Our resort was on the Beach so the first thing we did was head to the white sandy beach for a SWIM in the sea, Great! that night we had dinner at the hotel over looking the beach it was so nice feeling the warm sea air breezing over me. After dinner a group of us headed into Chewang to the bars for some drinks.

Day 2 on Koh Samui we headed off on a cruise to the National Park were i snorkled for the very first time it felt so great floating in the water watching the world beneath the water go by, it was amazing seeing tropical fish in their natural environment.
Our powerboat cruised through the rocks juting out of the sea until we came to one island that has a blue lagoon in the middle of the mountains which is fed by an inaccessable cave from from the sea. After treking up over the cliff we reached to lookout point, which from one side looked over into the lagoon and on the other looked out over part of the national park.
For lunch we headed round to a bigger island with a spectacular postcard beach. The afternoon was spent relaxing on the white sand under the the blue skys and tall palm trees, with the greeny blue warm water sipping on a coconut, HEAVEN!!!
After a great day we wnt to Chewang for a night out at a Ladyboy show!?!?!? Interesting is the only word i have for that experience!

Day 3 was a relax day, Lorna, Rosemary and myself went off to ride an Elephant, it was a bit scary but the elephant was so soft and gentle i soon relaxed and even had the opportunity to sit on its head and drive it!!!!!
The afternoon was spent relaxing on the beach and having a massage on the beach with the sound of the sea lapping on the shore, i couldnt have been more relaxed.

Day 4 today we leave Koh Samui so the morning was spent soaking up the last of the rays before we left the island at midday. We headed to the mainland to get an overnight train, however all trains heading North were cancelled due to the problems in Bangkok so we caught an overnight bus, it was reasonably comfortable, but very COLD. Not much sleep was had and we arrived in Bangkok at 5.30am.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0292s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb