Koh Samui


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
April 17th 2008
Published: April 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We have been on Koh Samui two full days now and are getting into the laid back life style. We have spent most of our time just setting in the sun and eating. Jim has found curry to be hot and spicy and one of his favorites. The fruit drinks here are wonderful and we have them at most meals. They consist of pineapple juice, coconut, banana, mango and/or cranberry juice. Some have yogurt while others are just juice with a spot of cream.

Ann has a good sunburn on her feet and shoulders. It's as red as any fire truck you have ever seen. The sun here is very sneaky and will burn through your clothes.

Samui has changed greatly since we were here 16 years ago. Resorts and buisnesses have come and gone and the population has increaced 20 fold. The roads are mostly paved now and the airport is really impressive. It is now an international airport. We flew down on a Boeing 737 whereas the only thing that flew in 16 years ago was a DeHaviland Dash 8. Thai Air now has 16 flights a day coming here and Bangkok Air probably has close to same. The hotel we are in - the Golden Sand - is adequate but we would not stay here again. The bathrooms are small and outdated. The pool area and resturant is quite nice. The rooms do not have safes and we have to use the hotels safety deposit box which is an old paint locker and you have to buy your own lock at the 7-11 across the street. So guess how many people have the same lock and key?????

Will close now and add a few pictures we have taken.
PS - Jim got stung by a jelly and needs lots of alcohol.

Jim and Ann


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Lamai BeachLamai Beach
Lamai Beach

View from the hotel


21st April 2008

lobster
The lobster didn't look quite like the one we had on the cruise ship. Take care of that sunburn Ann. John got one snorkeling at La Paz with Reida.
22nd April 2008

Koh Samui
Hi John and Jude - The sunburns are better but the sun is still bright and hot. We have had on overcast day that was cooler and very welcomed. The Thai food is great. I was going to take cooking lessons but it is way too hot to be in a kitchen. I may have to buy a cook book instead. We have run into ingredients that we are unfamiliar with, mostly veggies and a couple of other things we had not heard of. Did you get pictures of your facial?? Talk to you later, Jim and Ann

Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0359s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb