And then my bag made a bid for freedom!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
March 12th 2008
Published: March 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We have just have had 3 great days on Koh Tao. When we got off the catamaran (still choppy but not quite as bad as the way over) we all got filtered onto the appropriate bus. The Thais are very organised and they had everyone (at least 150) off the catamaran and on the buses amazingly fast. Once we set off we realised that our mini bus was being driven by a complete maniac!

Once we left the pier it soon became apparent that there had been some type of accident and all the traffic was gridlocked in the direction we were going. At this point our driver pulled into the other lane. Initially we thought "Oh, we must need to turn right a couple of cars ahead" but no he just drove the entire length of the road on the wrong side. Not only that he was speeding along forcing all oncoming traffic off the road!

Once he had dropped everyone else off and we were thankfully back on the correct side of the road he really put his foot to the floor and we were hurtling along. This would have all been fine if it were not for the fact that our bags were on the roof. As you may well be able to predict mine decided to make a bid for freedom and flew off the top of the van and into the path of the oncoming traffic! I am amazed it did not take anyone out - it weighs enough! After waving our hands madly at the driver he did an illegal U turn and went and picked it up out the road. Thankfully it had not been run over and everything seemed to be in one piece.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0505s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb