Nite out with Lisa & Ben


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
August 26th 2007
Published: September 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Eventually after tracking them down......we managed to catch up with Lisa (an old housemate) & Ben in Ko Samui where they were chilling out for a few days. We'd tried to get them a place at the rainbow over in Ko Phangan but as the full moon party was only a few days away.....most places were full! So we took a trip over to Samui for the night.....and must be the only travellers to have two bungalows on two different islands at the same time!!

It was great catching up............ we went to a bar at 1ish in the afternoon for some food and a quick beer......quite a few beers later we had a break from the drinking to get changed for the evening with the Middlesbrough V Newcastle game the first port of call, and the start of a heavy nite. After the footy and food.......Ben told us he knew a great place to go for a late night drink.......and after a short walk we ended up at a Go-Go bar with a difference.......A TRANSVESTITE BAR~!!! (im sure Ben will explain his choice of bar if you ask him). Anyway....we stayed here for a while playing connect 4 and some dice game with one of the hosts ('esses), in which Ben started winning beer off them! One of the things the bars do to keep you in them is hire people to play games with you..... connect 4 being one game where the language barrier doesnt get in the way! After a short while one of the girls sugested i get up and dance on the pole.....so i did...... and i must say i was better than the other wo'men' who were entertaining the crowd that nite!

After an hour or so we moved across to a club where we got into Buckets of Vodka and coke (basically half a bottle of vodka and coke)...... where we got pretty wasted. Just before closing we headed off to find somewhere else to go and ended up on the beach..... with Lisa showing us all the dead jelly fish (thanks for that lisa......err.... it was really interesting!! hehe!). We then stumbled across a thai boxing ring where we ended up messing around for a while - and then stumbled down the road for food. Having got home just before 6am, and having to be out at 10am really hurt!! It was a top nite tho and great to see some familiar faces.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0326s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb