Ko Phangan


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
August 24th 2007
Published: September 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

After our diving experience we headed to Ko Pha-ngan to bag a room a few days before the full moon party. A wise move to get there early seeing as there are only 3000 rooms and about 8000-10,000 party goers who head to the island every full moon for a party on the beach. Therefore a lot of people have nowhere to stay so stay up all night and get the boat in the morning or sleep on the beach, not something we fancied. We got ourselves a nice little beach bungalow which was recommended by one of Mark's friends, cheers Russ!

The beach in front of the bungalow was beautiful and the food and beer were good. Although it was not always that relaxing on the beach with four dogs including a rottweiler wanting to sit next to you or eat and slobber on Marks' t-shirt, (he was not impressed!)

The day before the full moon party we headed down to the beach in Had Rin to check out the party hot spot, a bustley place full of twenty something’s, not a family or any children in sight.

The night of the party we headed out about 11pm trying not to get there too early as it was an all night party. Not a good start to the evening as when we jumped in the taxi Mark sat on a Thai girls lap, by accident he assures me! From then on the whole journey we seemed to be the topic of discussion and apparently very funny! As we arrived the place was packed with people who were extremely drunk, lots of vodka buckets and lots of funky music. As we went to the bar to get a drink the bar people were drinking shots of tequila and sambuca, we thought that was one way to get through the night!

Every full moon party the statistics show that a person dies from drowning and as Mark and I sat in a bar we watched people swimming and dancing in the sea, not the best idea when you can hardly walk, why do people think that they can swim? As you walk past the sea on the beach there was loads of blokes peeing, therefore definitely not a good idea to go in the sea!

It was definitely an experience and we spent the next day chilling and recovering. We went into Had Rin the next night for some food and the place was a complete ghost town, a completely different to the night before. After we had fully recovered we headed to Ko Samui, for the 3rd time!








Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



6th September 2007

Full Moon Party
Hey you! I had the exact same necklace trix - great minds think alike x
7th September 2007

Full moon party
Hi Lou, That necklace was a snip at 20 baht! It looked a bit of a sad state the next day though! We obviously both have good taste ! xxxx

Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 19; dbt: 0.1288s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb