Hit and Run - Thailand


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Phi Phi Don
January 22nd 2017
Published: July 29th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Hit and Run, six countries, one month, two girls!

We have a month off school for winter break. A whole month to explore Asia. After looking at a lot of different routes and working out the best one financially, Val and I decided to go to Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, The Philippines, Taiwan and Japan. Unfortunately the Irish had friends from home coming for part of the holiday so couldn't join us so they spent two weeks island hoping in Thailand.

Our first stop was Krabi. We were only there a night before getting a boat to Ko Phi Phi where we were staying for five nights.

Once we were checked in to our hotel on Phi Phi island we went to the beach. It was the 16th of January and we were in the sea, it was amazing. After spending time in the sea we sunbathed. Early evening we decided to explore the island and some of the shops. We spotted a few different bamboo tattoo studies and we both headed towards one of them. I knew what design I liked and after talking to the man and explaining the design he gave me a price. I didn't have any money on me so while I went back to the hotel to get some, he drew the design. While back at the hotel Val started thinking of a design she would like. We both had our tattoos done, traditional bamboo tattoos. The great thing about bamboo tattoos is that you don't have to wait before going in the water, you can swim straight away, there's no bleeding and it hurts less.

Most of our time on Phi Phi was spent on the beach, swimming and sunbathing or in the hammocks at the hotel bar. We had heard about a place called The Peak so one day we decided to do the hike to the top. There's a small charge to enter but the view was worth it. You could see the whole island and the sea was such a wonderful shade of blue. There were two different stages of the peak, one a little higher than the other, they both had amazing views.

Once we had had our fill of the view we decided to head back a different way. We headed towards the other side of the island to Long Beach. We followed a dirt path and as we were walking out of the woods we saw a field, it wasn't a special field or anything like that but with the cow and the trees it reminded me of one of my favourite childhood films - Song of the South.

Once we arrived at the beach we walked along it, climbing over trees where necessary. One of the bays had a swing over the ocean, of course we had to take pictures.

We had one more night in Krabi before catching our plane to Cambodia.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 37; dbt: 0.0527s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb