Ko Samet, bye bye Manchester, Rai Lay and Ko Phi Phi with Joel


Advertisement
Published: May 31st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hey everybody,

Hope you are all good. We took out the speedboat on Ko Samet, as well good fun. Was proper rapid aswell, some matey came with us, don't think they trusted 6 lads with there boat, haha...We stopped and did some snorkeling aswell, which was cool. Saw some good fish and coral, Warany you would of wet yourself...! Weather was pretty good aswell, Adam got a bit sea sick, so we had to stop and let him off on a beach...We got back to the hotel at about 16:00 and chilled out then went out for dinner, we found a really nice little place to eat where everything was cooked on the barbeque. I ate 2 well nice kebabs and some jacket potatoes, yum yum...

On Thursday it was time to leave all the boys and go to Bangkok and I set off in the afternoon. Was sad to say bye to them all, had a really really good time... Took about 4 hours and was not to bad at all. Met Joel in silk bar on the Khao San road and found us some accommodation for the night, cost about 8 quid which was cool...Something happened and all the boys from Manchester came up to Bangkok about an hour after me, so was really good to see them all again. Introduced them all to Joel..Me, Adam and Joel all went for dinner at the vegetarian restaurant, Joel said the curry was the best hes ever had...! Another satisfied customer...We all had a few beers and played some games, which was fun...

Joel and I had very very little sleep and got up at 8am. Traffic on the way to the airport was rubbish and we thought we may miss the plane...Our taxi driver drove like crazy and we got to the airport in time, checked in with 5 mins to go. Me and Joel tend to have a habit doing this, as when we flew to LA we also had 5 mins to spare, haha, not good! Flight was easy, took about an hour so we took the chance to power nap! Go to Krabi Airport and took a bus to Ao Nang beach where we took a boat to Rai Lay...It was absolutely amazing and just how I imagine paradise to be I now know why Davo wants to go there on his honeymoon! We got to Rai Lay west beach and left our bags at some bar and had a quick scout around. You can only get there by boat and there is no cars or anything on the Island...We stayed in the reggae area called Ton Sai, which was full of climbers. Was so chilled out it was untrue, we did very little and just chilled out all day...At night we went to a rasta bar and watched some guy on the guitar. We met a guy called Fish and his girlfriend and had a chat with them...! Next day we went over to Phra Nang beach which the lonely planet says is the best beach in Thailand, was pretty cool. I will load some pics sometime. We chilled all day and went for a swim, we walked to Rai Lay west and watched the sunset and then went for some food at a street restaurant, was well nice and cheap. To get to Rai Lay west you have to climb over some hardcore rocks and I mean climb! We had to do this in the pitch black with Joels phone as our torch...Not good...! We watched the champions league final on Rai Lay East, where we found loads of bars and places to eat that we didn't know were even there...! Barcelona won, not a very good game though. We then had to do the savage walk home in the pitch black...

Next day (Sunday) we went back to the beach again as it was so good. In the morning though we moved to Rai Lai east as there was a bit more going on and was busier and we didn't have to do the savage climb in the dark. We lugged our bags over the rock climb, which was emotional and wandered round to find dirt cheap accommodation. After this we then went to the beach. I read another book, getting well into my reading again! We watched the sunset from Phra Nang beach as it was also amazing from this beach aswell. Then we walked back to our place we were staying and went out for the night for food and some drinks...We met the girls from Quebec I had met before and had a bit of a chin wag with them...

Yesterday (Monday) we decided we would go to Ko Phi Phi...We bartered a good price for the boat and it took about 1.5 hours. We got here at 11am and spent an hour finding more dirt cheap accommodation. We have only been staying in fan rooms, not air con to try and save money! Joel took a wander and then I did taking it in turns to look after the bags...We found a nice room, 4 quid each and dumped our stuff and hit the beach. It was nice to get to Ko Phi Phi as Rai Lay was awsome, but very quiet and chilled, so nice to get somewhere a bit more lively. Its got lots of shops, bars e.t.c but is also really really beautiful Island with lovely beaches. We spent the day on the beach and then got ready fro the Reading v Swansea game. Was guted that Reading did not get promoted but was a great game...We went out and had a big night out which was very eventful to say the least...! I won't go into details...

Today we have just relaxed and been on the beach. Monsoon has just pelted down again, It rained earlier on the beach and we had to leg it home, so not to get drenched! We have just had some Pizza and are going to get an early night. We are going to Mayan Beach tomorrow, where the film 'The Beach' was filmed and going snorkeling...

Sorry my blog is a bit bland this time, having and amazing time still. Hard to write much when all we are doing is chilling and on the beach all day...haha. Hope everybody well in England...x x x x



Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.038s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb