Koh Phi Phi


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Phi Phi Don
October 14th 2010
Published: October 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hey all!

Sorry for the delay...had a little trouble with the access to the internet-being stuck in the middle of know where in Australia 😊

From Koh Tao we took a sleeper boat to the main land, then brought tickets for Koh Phi Phi. On arriving to Koh Phi Phi, I unfortunately fell asleep on the boat...resulting in a panda tan (because of my stupidly over sized bug glasses, as my brothers would call them!) Geoffrey however found this pretty hilarious, as you can imagine, I didn't! When we put foot to land, we got offered a hostel to stay in. We followed a man as he weaved through the numerous market stalls until we arrived at our destination. It was an ok room as it goes. To be honest Koh Phi Phi was a little of an anticlimax for as, after having met so many people and had such fun on Koh Tao. We relaxed on the beach surrounded kids, fresh out of High school, who were all trying to prove something. Normally we wouldn't care or even notice, but soon after we arrived we were soo over it! 😊 Plus the diving was like double the price, which got our backs up! Haha! On a nicer note though, we bumped into a few people we met in Koh Tao and spent a chilled evening on the beach. All was depending on the weather in the morning, we were going to either stay and dive if the sun was out, or if it was overcast we were going to leave then and there for Malaysia...as it turned out we were on a boat heading for the mainland 9am that morning! All though that little passage sounds pretty negative, it was a beautiful island...we went on a boat to the surrounding islands, on the second day. We visited Monkey Island, which as you can imagine was full of monkeys 😊 They were SO cute, especially the babies! We visited a number of spots to snorkel, and also went to the beach where some of the film called 'The Beach' was filmed! It was stunning!


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0574s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb