Phi Phi


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Phi Phi Don
February 18th 2010
Published: March 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We were picked up early from the bungalow by taxi for our boat trip. We made way to the closest harbour and jumped on a speed boat, destination Phi Phi. It took about an hour to get there and the journey was pretty bumpy and scary at moments but still fun. Frst stop was Maya bay, Phi Phi Island, where the Beach was filmed, it was pretty cool there although it was absolutely jam packed with tourists, not quite so exclusive anymore. After we went to have a look at some viking caves and also went to Monkey island. The Monkeys were everywhere drinking from cans and bottles and taking food from our boat, hanging from cliff faces an catching banana's, it was fantastic.
The next port of call of snorkeling, I put on my flippers, mask and snorkel and jumped in the middle of the ocean, a slight mistake as I was struggling to breathe or stay afloat. After some practice I was all over it, Laura had a go and looked like she nearly drowned then had to get all the gear off and just swim. There were lots of brilliant fish and was a little scary, couldn't stop thinking about sharks!
Dinner was a buffet lunch which was pretty tasty, then we were of again to Khao Lak, another small island where we could snorkel some more, sunbathe, and have an ice cream, it was a pretty fantastic day.
Heather and Laura went out for tea, picked up some takeaway and we ate on the little porche area, followed by some beers and some games of cards, all in all a very enjoyable day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0494s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb