The Elephant Expedition


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Railay
February 19th 2010
Published: March 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

After breakfast it was Elephant trekking today, firstly we were to a Gibbon Sanctuary and saw lots of little Gibbons that had been mistreated, they were pretty nice though despite. We also took a trek up this long wnding path in the jungle to see a waterfall which turned out to be less powerful than the hot tap of my mums bath, not the cold tap, the hot tap(Phuket's biggest!). The next part of our tour was an ox cart ride, which was pretty sweet where we went round in abig circle on an ox cart. Then we were on to the real deal, the Elephants.
The Elephant ride was awsome again, and I got to ride on the Elephants neck too, which was pretty special, we went through a river and saw a big monitor lizard and also went all through a rubber plantation. Laura, Dan and myself then gave our elephant and Heather and Mikes lots of nice pineapple, and bananas.
Mike saw a huge python after as well which he wanted to hold so we got a few snaps of that too and it was time to head home.
Again we had a relax in the pool with some beers before going out to tea to Thai @ Siam, a real fancy restaurant where we all had some really fantastic food and some drinks it was a great last night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0852s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb