Meditations on a Buffet Breakfast


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Phi Phi Don
January 25th 2009
Published: January 31st 2009
Edit Blog Post

cute, cute, cutecute, cute, cutecute, cute, cute

some pretty cute Thai kids puttin' on a show
Today, Heidi and I had an enormous breakfast-- eggs over easy, fried potatoes, waffles, sausage, piles of bacon, salad topped with cheese, croissants, dragon fruit, pineapple, mango, cantaoupe, pinepple juice, coffee, and no papaya ( we stiill haven't developed a taste for it ) This was all you can eat, and it was in vast contrast to the meager breakfasts we'd been having, which consisted mainly of bananas, a pot of coffee split between the two of us, and maybe a bowl of cornflakes if there was any milk left.

Just the morning before the great buffet, we'd both had a 6 ounce ( or milileter or something tiny ) cup of cappuccino, a small sandwich, and a few potato chips for breakfast. Now, we had seen the conglameration of guests at the breakfast buffet the first morning, and we even went up to it the second morning, only to find we were too late and it was being cleaned and put away. ( we were able to come away with a free croissant )

We were a tad reluctant with the buffet-- the crowd was big, and we figured the expense would be too. ( the nightly dinner buffet was 850 baht, around 28 US dollars apiece) but on our last morning on Phi Phi-- pronounced pee pee-- ( Heidi had mentioned that morning to "Say goodbye to pee pee!" which I told her was a sentence I didn't think I'd like to hear again ) we got up quite early to catch our speed boat and we b-lined it to the buffet.

After the gluttonous carnage subsided, Heidi and I wondered what the damage would be-- yet also noticed the casual way people were coming and going, and how some guests were only having yogurt and a cup of tea.

Apparently, the buffet was complimentary, and we'd only taken advantage of the luxury one out of three mornings at the resort. We grabbed a croissant for the road and went to catch our boat. . .
- SPM


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

"Say goodbye to Phi Phi!""Say goodbye to Phi Phi!"
"Say goodbye to Phi Phi!"

Muuuuaaah! I hope to see you again! Muuuaaaahhh! See you again pretty lady!
Dare I say we're so cute?Dare I say we're so cute?
Dare I say we're so cute?

Except for that damn sticker, we'll talk about that later!
Our rideOur ride
Our ride

slight upgrade from the Longtail yesterday
Pretty important, these Tsunamai towersPretty important, these Tsunamai towers
Pretty important, these Tsunamai towers

I kept trying to avoid getting these in the shots, when really just 4 years ago they were non-existant. Happily the island is covered in them now.


Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0415s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb