Koh Phi Phi Don & Leh


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Phi Phi Don
October 17th 2008
Published: October 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

A 2 hour boat ride from Railay and we arrived in Phi Phi Don. We decided to spend the 1st couple of days in Ton Sai which was a bit more lively than where we had come from. We found our own accomodation which was bit of a mission as it was up 80 steps but the view was worth it. Had a couple of great nights out after meeting up with Jacey (who we met on Koh Phangan) and a group of lads from Derby. Went to Reggae Bar which had nightly Thai Boxing matches, professional and anyone else who was up for it (for a free bucket!). The 2nd night we were there we were still going at 7am and someone had the bright idea of going up to the viewpoint to see the sunrise. The viewpoint is a good 20 mins uphill (steps and slopes) walk which was a feat in itself but when pissed it was ridiculously hard!! Once up there the view was unbelievable and well worth it. Most of the time was spent chilling in the day and pissed at night. After a couple of days of this we got a longtail boat to the next beach along, Long Beach. We found some accomodation which was expensive but was so nice we couldn't resist, the rooms were too tempting. We were right at the top off a mountain which had A great view of the bay and Phi Phi Leh from our balcony and we even got to see a storm over Ley which was amazing. The next night a storm came over us and it felt like you were in the middle of a battlefield, the walls were shaking and the noise was deafening, great experience and it didn't cost a penny! Wasn't a great deal to do on Long Beach so once explored we booked a daytrip on a longtail boat to Phi Phi Leh (where The Beach was filmed). We had a good day snorkelling in various coves and got to see some weird looking fish which were not shy at all as they would swim right up to you in their hundreds. The highlight of the trip was Maya Bay (where The Beach was actually flimed) which was stunning! Crystal clear waters, white sand and beautiful surroundings. We can not explain in words how gorgeous this place was, not even sure the pictures do it justice, you have to go and see it yourself.


Additional photos below
Photos: 36, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 15; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0539s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb