Ao Nang & Railay


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ao Nang
October 17th 2008
Published: October 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After a nine hour boat and bus journey we arrived in Krabi. We were dropped off pretty much in the middle of nowhere surrounded by people trying to sell us accomodation. We decided than rather than stay in Krabi town we would go to Ao Nang because it was closer to the destination we were trying to get to (railay)which was highly recommended by Rich, a guy we met back in Koh Phangan.We Spent 1 day in Ao Nang because Matt wanted to find another shooting range, when we did matt had a go of a sniper rifle and 45.calibre handgun which was so much fun. The guy said matt was a great shot as he got 20 out of 20 on target. Ao nang was very resorty but did have a really nice beach and most of all Lisa found a shop which sold an English Cosmopolitan (7 quid but apparentely well worth it). We got our first long tail boat round to railay which only took 20 mins and when we got there we knew exactly what Rich was on about. This place was stunning, Clear warm blue sea surrounded by huge limestone cliffs, by far the best beach so far. Again we found a relly nice beach hut with pool and spent the next 3 days taking in all of Railays beauty. We stayed on West Railay which was by far the most beautiful beach and view, but it was quite quiet at night so on the 1st night after taking the sunset in on the West side we went over to the bars on the East side. Here we met a guy called 'T' (Terry but apparently the Thais could not say Terry) who was from Reddish (another one) but has been in Thailand for 8 years. He ran the sheesha stall (the turkish pipe) in the bar and was as mad as a bag of spiders! So we sat and had a few drinks and a giggle. After to much relaxing we wanted to head somewhere equally as beautiful but with a bit more life so Koh Phi Phi here we come!


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0386s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb