Thailand Islands - Koh Phi Phi


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Phi Phi Don
June 13th 2008
Published: June 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After a quick boat journey we arrived on Phi Phi and hopped straight into a long tail taxi boat to Long Beach which is the nicest beach on the island, and that it was...however it was super quiet and kind of exclusive so after finally finding a bungalow in budget (dingy to say the least!!) we settled ourselves for more sunbathing....i know ..... more!! That night we were in bed by 10 due to lack of anyone or anything to do!! So the next day we headed back to the main town where we found a lovely bungalow a quick walk from the centre. I would like to say we spent the next few days sunbathing but unfortunately rainy season was upon and so we only got snippets of sun here and there and spent the rest of the time hanging around the island which was easy to do as its a great place to wander around. The final day we were lucky and got a great day and so we headed on a boat trip to Maya Beach which is where they filmed "The Beach"....we got a boat there and had to jump off it and swim into the island, we swam to a big rocky area where you've to pull yourself in with a rope though rocks with the tide smashing off them, once in there you then follow a path through the jungle and then you come out on the beach....amazing!! It was a great day! That was a great way to end our time in the islands as the following day we were bound for Sinapore...a 24hour bus journey....yes you read that right!!.....


Additional photos below
Photos: 36, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0457s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb