Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Little India
June 18th 2008
Published: June 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After a bus journey down through thailand and malaysia which consisted of 2minibuses, 3 coaches, 2 visa stamps and 24 hours of sitting on our bums we finally arrived in Singapore! We had met a South African girl on the bus and so went with her to a hostel she had stayed in previously. We were delighted because we could cook our own food!! Amazing novelty for us!! so off we went to the supermarket to buy veg and potatoes! Later that day we wandered around Chinatown and Little India (where we were staying) and had a drink on the quays watching the sun go down before heading back to the hostel, having our yummy dinner and hitting the sack. The next day we attempted to do some shopping as we needed winter clothes for Oz but no luck as they obviously dont wear jackets!! That night we headed to the Night safari which is basically an open zoo at night and you can get a safari jeep in around their pens and see a tribal dance show and an animal show. It was excellent, really enjoyable! The following day we did the walking tour of the city according to the bible (that'd be the lonely planet!) and got a free amazing view of the city from the 35th floor of a hotel by using their toilets which have a massive window and great view....the lonely planet says to do it so it wasn't just us being scabby!! That night we had a few drinks with some of the people in the hostel. The following day we headed to Sentosa Island, which is an island just off singapore where they've a lovely beach and some amusements and the likes, we took part in none of it though and instead revelled in our last day of sunbathing!! That night we met up with the gang from the hostel and we all headed to Raffles Hotel which is a very fancy hotel and had the famous cocktail - The Singapore Sling, they were super pricey (about 13euro!!) so we all made them last about an hour! Backpackers on a budget eh!! On the 18th we hung around the hostel as it was pouring rain and waited for the time to come for us to head to the airport....it was finally here...the time to head to Oz!!..............


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0288s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb