A day of R&R on Ko Phi Phi


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Phi Phi Don
July 14th 2007
Published: July 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Early morning pickup for Phi Phi Island (Ko Phi Phi) trip with 37 tourists in a high powered speedboat. The trip took approximately an hour with several sea sick participants. The seas were too rough to stop at Maya Bay - the filming location for the movie "The Beach”. The other side of Ko Phi Phi provided a beautiful cove to anchor and snorkel (see team water pic).

We had a brief visit to Monkey Beach for feeding and photos, then on to Phi Phi main beach for lunch and Nanna nap. ( farting display beach )

Our "Glinsky mission" turned out to be disappointing. As Kathy and Sasha had so sadly had their lives cut short by the tsunami on Ko Phi Phi, we had envisaged we would be able to catch up with Kathy's sister Carolyn Srikaow and her family. On arrival at PhiPhi main beach we were told Carolyn & Toy Srikaow’s guest house was a 45 minute walk from the main beach (there is no transport on the island). Time restrictions made it impossible to visit the guest house. We did visit the underwater monument in honour of the 900 victims who lost their lives on that fateful Boxing day. We would have liked to lay a wreath of flowers above the underwater monument. Our thoughts go out to the Glinsky & Srikaow family.

Strong winds and a 1.5m swell provided an extremely exhausting return trip and more sea sickness for other tourists. Pleased to report all team members toughed it out.! We returned to our hotel for relaxation by the pool and a team dinner.

*NOTE …Whilst writing this, Slim has informed us of two drownings here at Patong in the last few days, one yesterday and one this morning. This reinforces our goal for improved water safety and surf lifesaving in Phuket.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0253s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb