Another successful day of training


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
July 13th 2007
Published: July 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

A big welcome to team members Mel & Brad who arrived in Phuket last night at 9.30 pm after a grueling trip with a 1hr delayed stopover in Bangkok.

Our boys resumed their morning training sessions with the local lifeguards in a 3’ onshore surf. Dasher and Coxy had a surf on their shortboards whilst Chris and Stuart displayed rescue board skills.

Our team assembled after lunch for transport to Dusit Laguna Resort for a third day of training - this time with a group of school children from Cherngtalay Wittayakom School, Bang Tao. This was an extremely successful session with Darren giving the students the introduction, Chris, the koala wrangler and John the Sydney Harbor Bridge builder! The session included basic skills in CPR followed by board rescue skills in extremely difficult surf conditions. Our champion athletes Dasher, Parkesy, Harves and Coxy all admitting it was hard work getting out the back of the break. The students then enjoyed some swimming, board paddling and relay races in the lagoon. They all participated well and the team ensured a fun time was had by all.

Ken visited Patong Hospital to investigate procedures and discuss their needs. The team donated cervical collars to the hospital (thanks for organising this Tiff!). We have had no luck with the oxygen cylinder adaptions.

A representative from the Australian Consulate in Bangkok called us today to ascertain information about our project and are endeavouring to support us.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0275s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb