Koh Payam


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Phayam
February 3rd 2008
Published: March 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Koh Payam

After the pretty built-up, touristy island of Koh Chang we wanted to find a perfect desterted island. Some people we had met along our travels had told us about a fairly unknown island near the Burma border called Koh Payam.

It was a fair trek to get to, overnight bus then stuck on an old boat for 3 hours but it was all worth it. When we arrived at the pier there were no motorbike taxis left so we thought it didnt look that far to get to the beach we wanted to stay on. We started walking in the hot midday sun until a hippy went past on a motorbike and offered us a life so Adam told me to go for it. Little did I know when he offered a lift to the beach, he actually meant a different beach. I thought it took a bit longer than expected to get there! Adam luckily twigged where we were going and poor thing walked about 2km to Long Beach. It wasnt the nicest beach so we just booked for one night and went in search of the perfect beach. And we found it....Buffalo beach.

There were only a few different sets of bungalows set up in the hills overlooking the beach and we were lucky to get a beautiful big bungalow for a fiver! The beach was totally empty apart from a couple of people and we spent 4 days snorkelling and swimming in the warm water. Even saw a group of turtles but couldnt keep up with them.

There were lots of even more deserted beaches that you can only reach by foot but even they couldnt keep us there for more than 4 days. Only electricity between 6 and 10, and one shop selling stale biscuits meant we were soon looking forward to getting back somewhere with a bit of life!




Additional photos below
Photos: 39, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.29s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0654s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb