Southern Thailand


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
February 28th 2011
Published: February 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hello!
Well after an all-nighter in Bangkok Airport, early morning flight to Surat Thani and then Bus and Boat journey we arrived in Koh Phangan!! Unlike most people we hadn't booked accommodation so started to wander around the town asking if anyone had room!! We struck gold and landed ourselves a lovely bungalow right next to a quiet beach but 2 minuets walk to the town for the same price as the 20 bed dorms everyone had booked up 😊 we were very happy!!
Over the few days that we were in Kho Phangan we didn't really get up to much, had an interesting day at the beach when we were happily swimming in the sea with a few people and were beckoned out by this Thai guy. Everyone started looking around as if to see the shark swimming towards us but we all wandered out and asked the people near us if they knew what was going on. All the said the man had said to them was "Boat, Body and Long Time" we decided that someone may have died a long time ago because they hit boat that was now passing where we'd been. We were wrong, they got to the beach and put something on the sand. They had been dragging a dead body that had been in the sea for over a week and had no head or legs - an image that will stay with us forever and definitely put us off swimming in the sea!!!
Compared to that the other days on the beach were pretty tame!!
We went out for the Full Moon Party where everyone dresses up covers themselves in UV paint and goes to the beach for a good old dance!!! The evenings out were all great fun and we made it to sunrise on the night of the Full Moon which was quite strange to be dancing away in the sun!!!
The beach wasn't as nice as it could have been because of all the parties that had been going on and glass and bottles you had to be careful of - i think you could have set up a shoe shop with the number of flip flops that were left over!!!
From there we headed to Kho Tao which was a lot more relaxing and laid back and we had a lovely few days just sitting around some more and enjoying the sun and scenery!
Now we're back in Bangkok, Nicole had headed back home to Amsterdam so its just the two of us which is a bit strange as we've hardly been alone in these 3 months!!! Bumped into a few friends here from the Kiwi Bus and Sydney which is great.
Off to Nepal tomorrow which we're really looking forward to - it'll be so strange to be somewhere for a month after packing up our bags and moving so much!!!
Hope your all well
Lots of Love
Anastasia and Roseanna
xxx
Photo's up from Thailand and more from Vietnam on the summary blog



Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



28th February 2011

on to katmandu
Dear A & R, just printing latest blog - glad u found somewhere super to stay. Good luck for next stage. Glad sharks didnt get you! Take care. Thoroughly enjoying your experiences. Look after yourselves lots of love g & g. have managed 6 pictures this time.

Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0335s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb