Vietnam Round Up


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City » District 1
February 22nd 2011
Published: February 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Vietnam!!

We spent 4 days in Hoi An having lots of clothes made and have now got a selection of tailored dresses and Roseanna has a tailored top which are very practical to be carrying around!! We explored the area around Hoi An as well and as it was nice and hot so decided to cycle to the beach which was a very pretty.

We then took another sleeper bus down to Nha Trang!!! After all being piled onto the bus and people being forced to sleep on the floor between the beds we set off!! The journey was interesting and reminded us of the Night Bus from Harry Potter with lots of banging stops and swerves - it was best to shut you eyes and attempt to sleep!!!

We arrived safely in Nha Trang and set off for a day on the beach and caught up on sleep!! We also saw our first shop with price tags as well which was exciting!!! We sampled the night life in Nha Trang and were a little dissapointed so headed home rather early!

The next day it was evident that we had all eaten something dodgy and the 6 hour bus ride to Mui Ne without any toilet stops was a true test of nerve! We all arrived safely and very quickly checked into a room and slept for the day so unfortunately didn't get to see much of Mui Ne.

The next morning we got up to see the sunrise over the Sandunes and tried out some sand surfing which was very amusing. Anastasia sank half way down the slope when sitting on the board so went down like body boarding which was very sucessful. Roseanna flew down when sitting on the board went completely arse over tit and faceplanted into the sand -Fantastic!!!! We visited the White Sandunes which were very tall with steep sides and where we did the boarding, Red Sandunes that were a lot smaller and more rolling had loads of locals sitting around sandboarding as well. We then went on to the Fishing Village and watched the women skinning the fish wilst sitting on the beach and sorting everything out. Onto Fairy Spring and after our jeep driver just pointed at a river and said "walk" we wandered up the river follwed by local children who got angry and splashed us when we didn't give them money!! Didn't make it to the waterfall but the walk was really pretty. Another 5 hour bus journey to Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) and we arrived all feeling a lot better and up for proper food.

Wandering around HCMC we thought that it wasn't as crazy as Hanoi and seemed a lot more Westernised with lots of cafe's and shops that we hadn't seen for most of our time in Vietnam. We walked around and saw the local indoor market which was very funny as people sprang to life as we walked down the isles of market stalls and thrust t-shirts, bags and wallets into our faces!! We visited several Museums in particular the War Museum which was harrowing but very imformative and left you feeling very anti-American but there is always the another side to the coin.

Finally we made our way to the aiport for our flight to Bangkok and were there even before checkin opened (we're not missing any more transport!!!)

Southern Thailand info coming up soon

Love you all

Roseanna and Anastasia

xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



23rd February 2011

roundup
Picked up message this am from mum saying new blog, have just run it off and will go and read it to G who is shaving! Lovely making contact. raining here. Off to shop for Val this morning then picking up new glasses - hope i like them. G gave lecture last night in Hornchurch (remember our pub lunch?) and we took wrong turning on way home. Interesting! Saw some new places and got home earlier than if we had gone the right way. Happy days. Take care Love G&G

Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0429s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb