FULL MOON PARTY !!!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
November 24th 2010
Published: November 24th 2010
Edit Blog Post

OK, well i really should start noting down things iv'e done again before i decide to post a blog, because right now im sat in front of a computer paying 2 bht a min while i'm trying to remember things to write about!

I'l skip the second day here on phangan, we didn't do much, although when we were on phi-phi we met another group of Swedish girls who, when they left, posted a note through mine and Luke's door which had their names for facebook, and a message saying 'meet us on ko phangan'. while we were on samui, Linda, one of the swedes, sent me a message saying where they were staying and what room number, so Luke and i went and found them and had a quiet evening playing cards.we did plan to hit the pool party again, but we got a bit to chilled, and then it was 2 in the morning, oops! not to eventful, but was nice to chill! the day after was a bit more hectic, we decided to rent quad bikes with a guy from Australia. for some reason he gave us his passport for security on the bikes, and said he would be back with his bike in 20 mins... half hour later and no sign of him we decided to head off around the island and went in search of a waterfall in the jungle, pretty cool! until Luke ran out of gas!! that night was the night before the full moon, so everyone decided an early (ish) night was in order, that and the fact that everybody was so excited for the next night!


So the full moon party, i dont know where to start, but considering this is my blog, il start at the beginning. clever, you see. all week luke and i hoped the full moon would be the best weather (seriously, you can get ten weathers a day here) and to our luck, it was glorious sunshine all day! we headed down to the beach, sunbathes ans swam for a few hours before it got crazy hot and we headed to find some outfits to wear. if you've never been to ko phangan, which is most of you reading this (sorry guys) ul try and paint you a picture. imagine a big long road, with streets coming off the road, all full of shops selling full moon clothes. and i mean, t-shirts, vest, shorts, wrist bands, head bands, neon paint, everything you could want, and a whole load of stuff you probably don't, but think you do! still, 500 bht each lighter, we headed to grab some early food, (phad thai is last week, its all about fried rice and chicken now) and take a good long afternoon nap. nice. Milos, who those who've actually followed will remember, i first met in railay, and then phi-phi, left me a message saying he was on phangan, so i gave him my room number and said meet us at 7. sure enough he arrived at 7, what a legend. by this point, we all had a few to drink and headed to meet some ozzies and brits from coral bungalows we had met. i have to say, all sat round playing drinking games whilst covering each other in neon paint, was a brilliant way to start the night, and by midnight we were all dying to head down to the beach. now, they say that around 10, 000 people are on the beach on full moon night, so how we managed to bump into annika, linda and helena ( the swedes from phi-phi) i don't know, but we all partied on the beach till around 5 in the morning, a good ten hours of partying, not a bad effort we thought! untill we all hit the beach at miday the next day and found the party still going, and people still dancing. nutters.

This is the downside to the full moon party. ko phangan is so caught up in money spinning from the full moon, it lets its beach get wrecked. bottles were everywhere, ad it dint lok pretty/ but fair play to the thais, they had people cleaning it up. they charge 100 bht entrance fee, which is not a lot, but times that by a few thousand and theyre making a hefty profit. before we flew to thailand, there was an article in the daily mail about the full moon party. and i have to disagree with everything that woman wrote about the party. iv'e been to malia, and trust me, there's a big difference between hundreds of drunken Brits, fighting, being sick and being rowdy to thousands of people from around the world having a good party! it doesn't represent someones gap year, or their world travel, it just shows how on one night, even those who don't love dance and rave, can just get lost in the moment of being at the worlds best beach parties having a great, no, amazing time.

Will post soon

scotty



Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0381s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb