Samui - Ko pha-Ngan


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
November 21st 2010
Published: November 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Ok well im sorry its taken a few days for me to get anything new posted, i do apologize i just like to gather a few days worth of stories!! right, back to samui.... our last, and only full day there was a pretty quiet affair, but don't get me wrong, it was paradise! the weather was good and the beach was two steps outside our bungalow, exactly what we were after before we headed to phagnan.. for some reason, our bungalow seemed to become a zoo that night, a stray dog decided to make our porch its bed for the night ( and we weren't going to argue with it..) a spider which im pretty sure could have eaten us was holed up in the bathroom, and a fist sized cockroach was looking for a room mate in our bedroom! if this were a package holiday, someone could have filmed that and sent it to watchdog, being that we're backpacking in Thailand, i wouldn't have changed it for the world.

The next morning like and i headed off to ko phagnan whilst mike headed to ko tao, only a week apart before we all head to kular lumpar. originally we had a place booked for the full moon, but it was in ban tai, and the longer we travelled and met people staying in haad rin, the more we wanted that too. so taking what seemed like a massive risk, we cancelled our bungalows and hopped on the ferry to haad rin hoping to book somewhere when we arrived, and fully aware it would cost us! as it was, we found somewhere within minutes, and for 500 bht a night its a bargain! although, the second the guy mentioned hot water, im pretty sure luke and i would have offered him our souls! it must have been at least ten days since we last felt hot water! now, im not complaining, id take a cold shower every day if it meant traveling Thailand, its just strange, if a boiler breaks at home, its a really bad thing, to even feel hot water here is a luxury! anyway, just to make those at home jealous, our bungalow has a hammock, and nothing beats chilling in a hammock with a cold beer wondering how i ever got by without one!

i think we're onto our fourth night now in phagnan, and you make think how can i not know how long ive been somewhere, but trust me, i stopped wearing a watch when we got to railay, there seems to be no sense of time there, and the second you stop wearing one out here you start to become less aware that time exists! we have no time schedule, we wake when we wake, we eat when we're hungry, we drink when its dark, and we sleep when we're tired, and i love it! Anyway, i havent meant to get so sidetracked, i was planning to write about our first night here! whilst checking our emails the thai lady who runs the internet asked if we could fix a problem on her computer, half hour later, and by more chance than skill, we fixed it, and were treated to free internet and beers! now i havent wrote about the beer here yet, purely because i keep forgetting, but thai beer is called chang, and its 6.4% alcohol. and they come in big bottles. i wont say anymore, except its common to wake up with a 'changover'. sidetracked again, i know. so we did actually make it out that night, and if you ever heard anything about phagnan, you should have heard about coral bungalows and theyre pool parties. theres not much i can say, excpet think american pie. hundreds of people in boardshorts and bikinis in and out of the pool. brilliant. still, we managed to bump into a couple australians we met back on ko phi phi, and somehow, at 3 in the morning we ended up on a boat back to their resort, on the other side of the island! believe me, i have never seen anything like their resort in all my life. butler service, hot tub, infinity pool, the list could go on........... still the next morning, with all our money in our safe, miles away, luke and i had to figure out how to make 300bht between us both stretch to the 200bht each boat fair! we managed it, and half hour later we were on a boat with a thai fishing family, getting seriously sprayed from the sea on our way back to haad rin. one of these days, we're going to do something normal, i promise you!!

FULL MOON PARTY TONIGHT!!!, i will post again soon

scotty

Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0436s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb